Thread: Gunfight leaves three dead in Vancouver

Post imported post

http://www.komotv.com/news/local/12659736.html

VANCOUVER, Wash. (AP) - Three men were shot to death in a gunfight at a house and a fourth was wounded and hospitalized for surgery early Thursday, police said.

Police said a handgun that may have been used in the shooting was recovered. As of daybreak, no arrests had been reported and the motive was unclear, but Sgt. Kimberly Anne Kapp said it was unlikely that gangs were involved or that whoever was at large was a danger to the general public.

Gunfire was reported around 12:30 a.m. in the Burton neighborhood of this city across the Columbia River from Portland, Ore., Kapp said

Officers arrived to find four men had been shot - one who was already dead, two who died after being hospitalized and a fourth who underwent surgery. Further details on the fourth man's condition were not immediately available.

Kapp would not say whether the men were found inside or outside the house.

Post imported post

Drugs or gangs?

Gangs or drugs?

Drugs or gang?

Oh wait, it must be a 'gun' problem and not a PEOPLE problem
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

"We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

"Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

Post imported post

Sheesh, right in my backyard. The funny thing is, the first i heard of it was seeing this thread!

Here's the link to the local newspaper article.

http://columbian.com/news/localNews/...r-shooting.cfm

Post imported post

dt wrote:
    "According to a police bulletin, there is no evidence that the shooting is gang-related, although the relationship between the victims is unknown."
    Well, is there evidence that it is NOT gang related?

Way to say nothing using a whole bunch of words.

:celebrate

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

Post imported post

Dave_pro2a wrote:
    dt wrote:
    "According to a police bulletin, there is no evidence that the shooting is gang-related, although the relationship between the victims is unknown."

In local news, four complete strangers who happened to be in the same house with guns killed each other for no apparent reason. Police say that there is no evidence that a box of tissues was involved.

Post imported post

heresolong wrote:
    Dave_pro2a wrote:
    dt wrote:

In local news, four complete strangers who happened to be in the same house with guns killed each other for no apparent reason. Police say that there is no evidence that a box of tissues was involved.
    Maybe not gang, but I'll bet it's dope related at the least.
    If you have to fight, do not fear death. We will all die one day, so fight skillfully and bravely! And if it is to be that you die, then at least go to God proudly. Meet him as the proud warrior that you are, and not as a sniveling coward. Nobody lives forever.

Post imported post

Most likely meth. Given that this is Clark County -crystal capital of the West Coast.

Post imported post

My question is how does anybody know it was a gun fight? Unless there was a second gun or more involvedit wasn't a gun fight, but a shooting only. To bad todays media is more interested in demonizing guns than in the facts. But then I guess we should be use to it by now.

Post imported post

heresolong wrote:
    Dave_pro2a wrote:
    dt wrote:

The dreaded home-made silencer :shock: