Thread: Jim Zumbo

Post imported post

A friend of mine is very knowledgeable about firearms, firearms rights, law, etc. and as i do, decries thesometimes effective efforts of those on the dark side to divide and conquer usRKBA people.

He has spoken many times ofthe apparent lack of alarm on the part of some (many?) hunters and trap/skeet shooters to the ever multiplying anti-gun schemes.

He has had a few articles published on those and other subjects, and because of a recent article I got to thinking about Jim Zumbo, and how a conversation between thetwo of them might benefit both parties.

I did a little searching and found that he lives in Cody, Wyoming, but I have neither an address or phone number. Can someone here help me out with contact information? Thanks!

Post imported post

Given the size of Cody and Jimbos noteriety, you can probably just put his name and Cody, WY on the envelope and it'll get to him.

Hmmm, looking at the 2005-2006 Big Horn Basin phone book, it is in there, so do a white pages search and you'll probably find it. I don't want to be the one that causes his phone to go bonkers... Actually, I'm flabergasted that he is listed.

Post imported post

I did try a white pages search (at http://www.theultimates.com), but evidently didn't check enough of the sources.

I have found it now!

Hey - how did you check the Big Horn Basin book - via the internet?

Post imported post

Send him to the outdoor channel so he can see Jim Zumbo shooting AR's with Ted and attending Pat Rogers Tactical Rifle course.
    http://www.outdoorchannel.com/tv/index.aspx
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I'd be inclined to leave him be. He has repented.

Post imported post

BB62 wrote:
    I did try a white pages search (at http://www.theultimates.com), but evidently didn't check enough of the sources.

I have found it now!

Hey - how did you check the Big Horn Basin book - via the internet?
    No, I have a hard copy of the 2005/2006 Big Horn Basin phonebook.

And I would also tend to leave Mr. Zumbo alone at this point. While his 'apology' didn't wash with me, he did get the point that many of us are pissed at him for his black gun stance.

He'll likely screw up again sometime, as I believe he has the 'hunting gun only' mentality. IMO, that will be the time and place for a letter or other polite contact to both him and his sponsors.

I can also tell you that he was harrassed/ribbed/poked at by some of the locals when this happened. While that is second hand info from a friend in Cody, I believe it to be accurate.