• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kicked out of Wal-Mart

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
As the years went by, I came to recognize that he was right. Sure, there are notable exceptions like the Kroger company, which had an unwritten pro-gun policy which they finally turned into a *written* pro-gun policy - but I think they're the exception......
Kroger's subsidiarity Fred Meyer stores are FFL license holders. That should explain Kroger's policy.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

mnrobitaille

Walmart used to sell firearms at all locations (both long guns & handguns), however they caved in to the "Gun Control" group. There are still Walmarts that do sell long guns, but those locations seem to be few & far between.

In regards to Fred Meyer, you have to be careful, as in some locations the personnel handling Sporting Goods are not as well trained as they should be.

Firearms Iinstuctor

The Wal marts I go to in AZ and Wis. sell guns and are gun friendly I have even had a couple of their employees thank me for carrying and was told that they wish they could carry on the job.

Alpine

Not at all and yes it is. Selling guns is a profit center that contribute to the parent companies bottom line. As long as guns are making them money Kroger will be pro gun.

Not always the case. North 40 (formerly Big R) is an FFL and makes profit from selling guns yet they are very anti-gun even after their re-branding.