• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Deadly Force Laws in TN

revis_jonathan

State Researcher
imported post

What is the deadly force laws inTN for:

1- Homeowners

2-In public places

3-In hotels

4-In a vehicle

I'm familiar with SC very well, but over the years the laws kinda blend together.

Fallguy

imported post

You do not have to retreat anywhere.

In places 1, 3 & 4 the laws presumes you to be in fear of great bodily harm or death if the intruder forcibly and unlawfully enters those places and can use deadly force.

In publicas long as you are "reasonably" in fear of great bodily harm or death you could use deadly force.

You can see the TN self defense (castle doctrine) here T.C.A. 39-11-611

DISCLAIMER: I am not a lawyer or work in any capacity in the legal field the above is my lay interpretation of the law and is offered as such and should not be taken as direct advise for any course of action!