• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any good pawn shops to check out

Krinkovliu

imported post

Hi all:

I am thinking of buying a small frame revolver for concealed and open carry. All of my current handguns are medium to large frame semi-automatics and I would like get something along the lines of a Smith and Wesson 640, Taurus 650 CIA, Ruger SP101. Are there any pawn shops in the greater Puget Sound area, preferably the east side, that have a good inventory of "pre-owned" firearms at a resonable price? I buy virtually all of my firearms in NIB condition at gun stores and through FFL holders, but have read occasional stories about folks who have found great buys at pawn shops (which I never have patronized) and gun shows.

Right now my concealed carry pistol is a Walther PPK/S.

Mainsail

imported post

I used to run around a couple times a year to the pawn shops around Ft Lewis and everything, guns or otherwise, was so ridiculously overpriced that I couldn’t help but bust out laughing. Go to Mary’s, they have a small selection of used guns but easily the best prices around. The pawn shops are a joke.

Jered

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
I used to run around a couple times a year to the pawn shops around Ft Lewis and everything, guns or otherwise, was so ridiculously overpriced that I couldn’t help but bust out laughing. Go to Mary’s, they have a small selection of used guns but easily the best prices around. The pawn shops are a joke.

+1 on Mary's that's my favorite gun store.

krazichinaman

imported post

Jered wrote:
Mainsail wrote:

+1 on Mary's that's my favorite gun store.
+1 to Mary's as well. When I was down there she had a used Kimber going for around $500.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

John Hardin wrote:
I think highly of Ben's Loan in Renton. Not sure how much of their firearms inventory is traditional "pawn", but they do sell used.

Ben's is who gets my business. Terry and a few others there REALLY know their stuff, and will tell you their percentages while they're doing their calculations. They only charge a 10% markup on new guns, so you might find something new for what you'd expect to spend on a used one. About a year ago or so, I picked up a NIB S&W 442 for $299 + tax. I have NEVER seen any of those for less than 350 since.

I had a less than pleasing experience with Mary's recently that a few have asked me about privately, so that's how I'll keep it. I vote with my wallet and I won't be voting there anymore. The prices are decent there, I'll agree. But some things are even more important than saving a couple bucks.

Mortech

imported post

Yes the pawn shops around Ft Lewis are high price but I've gotten deals at a couple by being a hardass haggler (I did scored a NIB S&W 1066 from one of the shopsonly because the owner didn't know what it was worth ) and by now most of the owners know I'm not gonna pay their ridiculous prices and now I can usually talk them down to reasonable pricelevels . I've yet to visit Mary's but I've heard nothing but good things about them . If you don't mind twisting my arm hard enough you might convince me to part with a Taurus 85CH snubbie I originally got for my sister in law to use but she never took the promised classes so I repoed it .