• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carefully Plotted Course Propels Gun Case to Top. WELCOME BACK NRAWOL!

1st freedom

imported post

The road to the Supreme Court has been a bumpy one, Mr. Levy said, thanks mostly to the National Rifle Association.

“The N.R.A.’s interference in this process set us back and almost killed the case,” he said. “It was a very acrimonious relationship.”

“Their thinking was,” Mr. Levy said, “‘good case, might win in the appellate court but it could be a problem if it reaches the Supreme Court.’”

[size=[url=http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/l/wayne_lapierre/index.html?inline=nyt-per]Wayne LaPierre[/url], the N.R.A.’s chief executive officer, largely confirmed that characterization. “There was a real dispute on our side among the constitutional scholars about whether there was a majority of justices on the Supreme Court who would support the Constitution as written,” Mr. LaPierre said.]

[size=[/size]

So tell me doug, when Justice Kennedy sides with the left and rules aganst the 2nd Ammendment, how will you explain that wasthe NRA's was at fault?]

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I am not certain with whom YOU think you're arguing.

I have made my monetary contribution and philosophical contribution to a brief for SCOTUS and I have not paid a red-cent towards a lobbyist.

If you have a problem with what someone else writes then take it up with them. I am an individual citizen acting on my own in the manner I see as best.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$!!

1st freedom

imported post

I'm not arguing, I asked you a question, and you know aswell as everyone else on this blog that if SCOTIS does not rule in favor of the Constitution,you will find a way to blame the NRA. Thats all that you do,never anything positive, no constructive critisism, no suggestions, just critisism. Do you ever have anything positive or constructive to offer.

rob99vmi04

imported post

Doug,

All you sound like is an organzinational hater!

Please realize NRA dosn't have a a magical wand to wave to repeal all the acts that have personally caused you distress over the course of your existance. The anti side has been for over 100 years longer than just about any of the "other" organizations. They probably also realize to fight what incrementalism you must use it yourself. Now because NRA has so deeply offended you personally please explain why "NOBODY" else comes close to helping with the following.

MAN all of the credit and non of the praise. Most of you guys live in states that have CCW, or the right to carry a concealed handgun or apply for concealed carry permits in states like UTAH, and Florida.

Mercalf--One name MARION HAMMER ex NRA president. I guess riding on the shirt tails of others is okay by you, I was raised, HONOR above Personal GAIN.

Please let me know how much money GOA put into your state to help you guys get CCW.In Wisconsin its real closes. Then crossreference with GOA/SAF and then give me a figure, other wise stop trashing/enjoying something that somebody you hate so much is working so hard FOR YOU to actually practice. And FORKING OVER THE CASH to do it.

Heres the fact. Right now if it wasn't for the NRA.... YOU Wouldn't be allowed to carry PERIOD anywhere. Or have any cool rifle that was evil in BLACK or that looked good in a VIDEO game. Please please instead of just down RIGHT B****ing about 86 and stuff that has just flat out happened let me know what GOA, SAF or whoever has ACTUALLY accomplished. Due you enjoy shooting guns that use standard 30 round mags. You have that right back now because of NRA. Carrying a gun concealed you have that right BACK BECAUSE of NRA.
DOG WYOMING you have that RIGHT back NOW because of NRA.

If you show me some $ or something that GOA, SAF has given to get this stuff past or show me something, I'll agree with you.

This is looking a Gift horse clear in the mouth, because of one or a few things they did that one did not agree with However, I'm adult enough to read between the lines and sort out the BS vs what is actually real., and what people actually due. Youth programs, Womens Programs, Keeping Ranges Open, Protecting Hunters Rights, Fighting and forking over the cash to pay for CCW, protecting the manufactures from getting sued out of business so you can enjoy a free market of guns and purchasing the "BEST" of the best and not have to worry about whether or not there going to go out of business in a few years due to some silly law suit, Katrina.... Look stop complaining this is like what happened in Scotland during William Wallace life. The clans are there they all agree in a free scotland, but nobody is willing to come off their pride horse. I say UNITE the CLANS. You can bicker amongst yourselves or look at the real picture. Whats the future. If you really want to get out and do something, get out there, train somebody go to a organized shoot, compete, recruit another competitor. Become and Instructor and teach CCW or even Freaking BSA, 4-H Royal Rangers, Ventures, Explorer, Hunters Safety or whatever Do something besides turning people agains the only organization that financially and physically supports all.

NRA also pays its fallen LE officers families $25,000 If they are KIA. DOes GOA do this.
O If I lose, damage, my gun worldwide NRA has a $1,000 dollar insurance on all members

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I guess some people would rather barry their head in the sand than take a chance that SCOTUS will do the right thing.

I would rather see things get worse than to compromise. Maybe if things get worse the sheeple will wake up and demand their rights.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

1st freedom wrote:
Do you ever have anything positive or constructive to offer.
Not to you or the NRA but certainly positive and con$$tructive to Grass Roots Gun Rights South Carolina and the nascient uninfringed-2A movement in Wisconsin.

That you find my criticism of the NRA non-constructive says as much about you as it does about me and I am not abashed.

Either we are equal or we are not. We are not - I wrote the above in the middle of an argument with my DPh candidate daughter about the difference in the heat of fusion of left and right hand benzil crystals - essential to a challenge to General Relativity that will be tried 27 - 30 December.

Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I fail to see the justification for lambasting Doug for his views of the NRA, considering that the NRA seems to be an organization that is willing to settle for the lesser of two evils insofar as it concerns gun rights. They've led many compromises in the past simply because their was an anti majority in the legislature. Are they merely trying to fend off bloodshed if the 2nd was judiciated or legislated away? maybe, but that is absolutely no reason to jump doug for his bad views of the NRA.

I'm not a member of ANY national organization for gun rights and I'll still bash any of them that compromise. That may make me a 'radical', but then I'd consider myself in some damn fine company.

Now, maybe we could lay off the personal attacks and get down to the business of supporting open carry across the 50 states?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
SNIP I'm not a member of ANY national organization for gun rights and I'll still bash any of them that compromise. That may make me a 'radical', but then I'd consider myself in some damn fine company.
Buy you a drink, Rad? :)