• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another good day of OC in Eastern Wash.

trainer62

imported post

Where to start, Well Dave and I had another great time OCing here in the tri-cities. We started off the day by heading down to JC Penny's to grab a couple of items. As usual there were a lot of people who never really noticed and only a few who did. All in all Penny's was uneventful. We thought we might have some people try and challenge us or at least say something as Penny's is attached to the mall. In light of all the rescent mall shootings, including one in the region about a month ago, it wouldn't have surprised. There were a couple of people who walked by but didn't say anything they just left the areas quick, fast, and in a hurry. LP noticed us on the way in, as they sent someone to walk by us as we were shoping and watch us. He didn't say anything and tried to be descreet. The teller noticed and was noticably very uncomfortable. As I was paying, Dave decided he wanted to buy one of the thermal face masks that I was picking up, this just increaced his nervousness as dave walked off. He didn't say anything but he was fumbling with the change he was tring to give me. He seemed to calm down when he finally realized that Dave and I were always joking and smiling and we even had him joking and laughing.
Next Dave needed to get some goggles and so we decided to run in to GI Joes. Things picked up alittle bit at Joes. The tellers didn't notice that we had are side arms on as we walked passed them, not even when we asked for directions. We were told that there were goggles next to the snowboarding section so we went over there only to find the wrong ones so again we asked for help. It was that employee that noticed, but again didn't say anything, well at least not to us, however when we were over looking at the goggles Dave would later buy we had an employee come over and watch us for several minutes. He evntually asked if we needed help but it was obvious the underlying questing was more like, When will you be out of our store?. He then walked off never bringing up are weapons. He decided to follow us when we wanted to price out some underarmour. But still no one challenged us.
wal-mart went good the only person who was nervous was the person working in sporting goods as we were looking at ammo. We left when they were sold out of what we were looking for. nothing exciting there.
I'm sure Dave will agree that Home Depot was the best by far. Looking for screws and lumber there was always a pistol visable from each side of the isle. No one who noticed seemed to alarmed. The staff was great they had to have seen are pistols and they approched us and even started conversations and they were laughing and joking the whole time. They definatley get five stars for the day.

Dave The Welder

imported post

I think that while individual OC might not be detramental to our OC goals, I don't think that it helps as much as it could. I'm thinking that we need to start planning more outings where three or four members go out and bring their families along for a day of shopping. It looks less threating if there's a group of us with our wives and kids and I think that people would be more inclined to come up and talk to us than if they just saw a "lone gunman" shopping. Maybe we could print up shirts that said something like "OpenCarry.org, Homeland security means civilians protecting the community. Ask us about our rights." I know that it's a bad slogan for a shirt, but hopefully you all get where I was trying to go with it and can chime in with better ideas. I think that shirts would raise the number of people talking to us ten fold because everybody would instantly know what we were doing and that we weren't just crazed mall shooters that needed to get some shopping done first. Anyway, what do you guys think about the shirt idea?

[Edit for spelling only]

Agent 47

imported post

trainer62 wrote:
LP noticed us on the way in, as they sent someone to walk by us as we were shoping and watch us.

I love it when they try and tail you all discreet like. I think they underestimate the situational awareness of an OC'er,I have never been snuckup on or taken by surprise while OC'ing.