• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need to find the best price online for a Bi-Tone xD 45 4" model.

4angrybadgers

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
I would however NOT recommend the Glock 45`s to ANYONE, Due to the fact of have Un - Supported chambers. A 9x19 is fine, Dosen`thave to much pressure on the cases from firing to make the Firearm go KB. A 45 with a Un - Supported Chamber is a very scary thing, You will have the Gun ina couple piecesthat AREN`Tsupposed to come off of you gun after a while.
Huh? 9x19 max pressure is ~34,000 psi, .45 ACP max pressure is ~21,000 psi (numbers from Wikipedia). If anything, .45 ACP would be less likely to KB.

Did you mean to say .40 S&W? It does have case pressures close to 9x19, and the case doesn't have much free space. A handful of non-fully-supported chambers have KBed from overloaded .40 S&W rounds.

As with any gun/round, just be careful of what ammo you use, especially if you're shooting reloads.

CarryOpen

imported post

The only Glocks I've heard of KBs with were 40's. This is almost always caused by the ammo - the chambers are not as forgiving with over pressure rounds as some others. The key to solving this issue is to not run over pressure ammo. If there were a 45 KB it would also be related to the ammo, not the gun.

wally1120

imported post

The 45 is more unforgiving then the 9mm is. I havent heard of many Glock 9mm`s going south, But have seen a few Glock 45`s and some 40`s go KB personally. So it is just something about the Bigger Caliber Glock`s, Not sure of what it might be. But they like to blow up more then the Glock 9mm`s.

GuitarMan270

imported post

For what it's worth, my XD45 Compact has some issues with feeding "cowboy style" semi-wadcutter bullets (like this http://bit.ly/8G02xD) after the first round goes bang. I also had my first FTE at the range about a week ago, though it was right after I'd oiled the gun, and I'd forgotten to rack the slide a few times to distribute the lube.

However, I've NEVER had a failure to feed, fire, or eject with factory hardball or hollowpoints.

I trust my life to my XD.

CarryOpen

imported post

4angrybadgers wrote:
ddepedro wrote:
glocks are for rappers.
:quirky By that statement, I'll say you've never owned or fired a Glock. Go find another bridge, troll.
Rappers can demand quality and reliability too :p
[sub]
(disclaimer, I am not a "Glock guy", I'm also not a "Colt guy" or many other "guys", but I know there are plenty of fine firearms that I don't want or need)[/sub]

ddepedro

imported post

Well by that statement I would say you should never "ASSume". number 1 yes I have shot a glock before glock 23 to be precise, number 2 No I do not own a glock and never would. They are overrated and very ugly. I'll stick to an xd and Let the rappers handle the glocks.

Thanks

CarryOpen

imported post

The cheapest XD I see at Bud's is $439, the cheapest Glock I see is $465... $26 different. They are the same class of firearm. Guess what gun the XD was brought out to compete with. 20+ years of history in the field for the Glock, how much history does the XD have?

Are Glocks ugly? Sure. Do they make you look cool? No. Do they work well? Absolutely.

I have some news for all the XD guys out there - it's fugly too. With a few exceptions, most plastic guns are. Even the one that I carry most days (and no, it's neither Glock nor XD).

What does rap have to do with how good a gun is anyways? If you want to discount all guns mentioned in rap songs you're going to have to discount a lot of really effective firearms and some really cool ones - AK-47 and variants, Beretta M92/M9, AR-15/M-16, 44 magnum revolvers, Calicos... I saw some history show the other night about Atlanta's SUR13 and they kept waving around what looked to be an XD - guess it's OK if gangstas have them, as long as they don't rap about it.

ddepedro

imported post

well you showed me.....:cry: lol Xd is far more superior in my book to the glock I dont care how long they have been around. Yea the xd was modeled after the glock but ya know what they made it better. And thats my opinion, Maybe I shouldnt have posted such a dumb comment saying they are for rappers. I just dont like glocks.

4angrybadgers

imported post

CarryOpen wrote:
The cheapest XD I see at Bud's is $439, the cheapest Glock I see is $465... $26 different. They are the same class of firearm. Guess what gun the XD was brought out to compete with. 20+ years of history in the field for the Glock, how much history does the XD have?

Are Glocks ugly? Sure. Do they make you look cool? No. Do they work well? Absolutely.

I have some news for all the XD guys out there - it's fugly too. With a few exceptions, most plastic guns are. Even the one that I carry most days (and no, it's neither Glock nor XD).
Correct, the XD and Glock fill the same exact niche in the gun world. Both striker-fired polymer pistols, both rather blocky (I think the XD is a mite prettier, but it's all personal preference and I certainly won't argue the aesthetics of different plastic blocks :)), both have pseudo-safety mechanisms that are deactivated just by the normal firing procedure (unless you specifically get the thumb safety on the .45 ACP model).

I prefer the XD's ergonomics, but if the Glock grip felt better to me than the XD you'd see me carrying a Glock instead of an XD.

ddepedro wrote:
well you showed me.....:cry: lol Xd is far more superior in my book to the glock I dont care how long they have been around. Yea the xd was modeled after the glock but ya know what they made it better. And thats my opinion, Maybe I shouldnt have posted such a dumb comment saying they are for rappers. I just dont like glocks.
The XD and Glock are the same general design (see my above paragraph), and the steps of user operation are the same. The reliability of both is undisputed (torture tests and owners that fire tens of thousands of rounds with zero hiccups). If you prefer the XD over the Glock for aesthetic or ergonomic reasons, then that's definitely your prerogative.

However, posting useless crap like "Glocks are for rappers" and then bashing a gun for no functional reason is counter-productive.

The thug/gangsta types use a lot of different guns, not just Glocks, as CarryOpen stated. If that's your sole criteria for disliking a gun, you'd better start making a long list...

PS, a lot of law enforcement agencies use Glocks. I guess Glocks aren't just for rappers, eh?