• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attempts to break Preemption (Again)

LRS76251

imported post

[align=left]None of those have a chance in hell of passing at the current time. Localities don't seem to want to conform to State law. You can't have a law that says localities can't make laws and that any they have made are now void then in the same statue say they can make them. That law would be ruled unconstitutionally vague in the end even if it did pass. Besides, LE and cities are confused enough when it comes to preemption. Couple that with bad written code and there will be more endless issues. It should stay as written in the current form. But hell, even that confuses some people and its written pretty clearly IMHO. I guess politicians have to look like they are doing something for job security.
[/align]

unrequited

imported post

I've carried in the Burke Library with no problems, and I carry frequently in all of the Alexandria libraries with never a stare or a look.

From what I've experienced, librarians care about the 2nd as much as the 1st.