• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tom's Donuts, Angola, Indiana

Ford Truck

Franklin Township, DeKalb County, Indiana, USA
imported post

Had a rendezvous with a friend at about 17:00 at Tom's Donuts in Angola, Indiana. Since the temperature got up to 50 F. +/-, I decided to OC. I wore my Carhart jacket unzipped with a 2 1/2" Smith & Wesson Model 66 in an IWB, right-hand appendix carry. The revolver was quite visible.

The waitress got big eyes when she poured my coffee, but made no comment. A couple of the customers noticed when I got up to use the sanitary facilities. (You can't buy coffee. You only rent it.) My friend noticed as soon as I sat down across from him, but he's a 2nd Amendment brother. We sat & visited for about 2 1/2 hrs. The waitress & a couple of customers sitting at the counter had a short conversation about my revolver, but none of them approached me. I doubt if any of them realized I'd heard any of their conversation.

The waitress kept our coffee cups filled & chit-chatted with us when filling our cups & she kept a pleasant smile on her face. No LEO showed up & I didn't get any nasty stares that I noticed. The waitress & I exchanged Christmas greetings when her shift ended & she was leaving.

mastiff69

imported post

2 1/2 hrs at a donut shop and not one law officer appeared ? are they on strike in angola ? is that a bad donut shop ? It is real hard for me to believe that no police entered a donut shop for 2 1/2 hrs !!!

In Battle Creek Mi. this used to be the only place you could find a cop:Dwell now that i picked now ya a bit:banghead:

I'll wish you a merry Christmas and a wonderful new year:celebrate

Ford Truck

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
2 1/2 hrs at a donut shop and not one law officer appeared ? are they on strike in angola ? is that a bad donut shop ? It is real hard for me to believe that no police entered a donut shop for 2 1/2 hrs !!!

In Battle Creek Mi. this used to be the only place you could find a cop:Dwell now that i picked now ya a bit:banghead:

I'll wish you a merry Christmas and a wonderful new year:celebrate
I spent a couple more hours there again today. Took off my jacket. Wore my 2 1/2" Model 66 in the same holster, but in a right-hand crossdraw position instead of appendix. Asked one of the girls why we don't see cops in here. She told me they'd been ordered to stay out while they were on duty on account of unnecessarily hassling the customers. She told me they'll come in when they're not on duty, but they're only allowed to come in while on duty if they've been called. I like it.

mastiff69

imported post

So did you call there boss;), or do you think that the donut shop owner:X, or another person:D in there at the time spilled the beans on the cops ?

I guess when somebody is bad:dude:, then everybody on the force pays, sounds like the other officers need to have a talk with the bad boys for getting them all punished:banghead:

Sounds like they will have to take takeout from now on :what:!!!

I personally dislike individuals that (think or don't think) before they act, and hurt others with deliberate malice intent.

And that goes double for people in charge or power:cuss:

P.S. So this means that it is now safe for law abiding people to go somewhere without being bothered thats nice:Dat least at the donut shop.......

Ford Truck

imported post

I was in there again a few days agoand the owner happened to come in for a few minutes. I asked him about it. He told me there was no truth to the rumor he'd requested the cops to stay out. He told me the local constabulary was trying to change their imageand they didn't come in when on duty, but they do come in when they are off duty and out of uniform.