Thread: traveling to boise

Post imported post

Im from ut and I was just curious if anyone knew the law on carrying in the car I know it must be clearly visible at all times. Is it ok for the sidearm to have a round in the chamber and be fully loaded or do I have to israel carry by that I mean full mag but nothing in the chamber. If anyone knows plz get bak to me. Also if there is anything else I should know good or bad let me know thanks.

Happy Carrying

Post imported post

Howdy AII, welcome to Boise!

Open carry without a permit is legal throughout the state, concealed carry by permit only or outside of city limits. Carrying concealed is prohibited while intoxicated.

If you have any valid CWP, Idaho will recognize it irrespective of any other states' formal reciprocity laws.

One may not carry open or concealed in any location K-12, courthouses, jails, or the sterile areas of airports (duh). I was perusing the Idaho statutes just today, and I can't remember anything else off hand.

Linky

http://www3.state.id.us/idstat/TOC/18033KTOC.html

Post imported post

Oops. Forgot to address your other point: there's no limitation on carrying condition 1 vs. Israeli. You can go around packing hot.

Post imported post

Thank you sage of seattle that helps alot. I do come to boise once in awhile I have a couple of friends that live there. Im coming up to spend the new year there.

Post imported post

Nice!

Too bad I'll be out of town starting tomorrow, otherwise we could have lunch or something while you're here. If you're ever interested, post back in the Idaho forum.