• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

traveling to boise

Amendment II

imported post

Im from ut and I was just curious if anyone knew the law on carrying in the car I know it must be clearly visible at all times. Is it ok for the sidearm to have a round in the chamber and be fully loaded or do I have to israel carry by that I mean full mag but nothing in the chamber. If anyone knows plz get bak to me. Also if there is anything else I should know good or bad let me know thanks.

Happy Carrying

Sage of Seattle

imported post

Howdy AII, welcome to Boise!

Open carry without a permit is legal throughout the state, concealed carry by permit only or outside of city limits. Carrying concealed is prohibited while intoxicated.

If you have any valid CWP, Idaho will recognize it irrespective of any other states' formal reciprocity laws.

One may not carry open or concealed in any location K-12, courthouses, jails, or the sterile areas of airports (duh). I was perusing the Idaho statutes just today, and I can't remember anything else off hand.

Linky

http://www3.state.id.us/idstat/TOC/18033KTOC.html

Amendment II

imported post

Thank you sage of seattle that helps alot. I do come to boise once in awhile I have a couple of friends that live there. Im coming up to spend the new year there.

Sage of Seattle

imported post

Nice!

Too bad I'll be out of town starting tomorrow, otherwise we could have lunch or something while you're here. If you're ever interested, post back in the Idaho forum.