• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Controversy At The Most Unlikely Place.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Code:
The following events happend at the two past weekly VA Beach GOP breakfasts at 
the Crown Plaza Hotel. Last week I went and a lady got upset when she observed I 
was OCing. Although she did not confront me personally, yet she brought it to 
the attention of the chairman yet the chairman did not mention it to me. 
This week we had a decent sized Ron Paul turnout and the chairman asked one of 
the ladies with us why I was carrying a gun. Her answer to him was he carries it 
everywhere and I feel a lot safer when he's around but you will have to ask him. 
The chairman approached me about it and basically said that a woman who brought 
her daughter was upset that I had a gun. He also told me the woman said that had 
she known someone would have been there with a gun she wouldn't have brought her 
daughter. I informed the charman that since the hotel had a liquor license I am 
required open carry. I also told him I would be more then happy to discuss this 
with the woman. Later on when I was talking to him again he asked for my name 
and phone number so if the lady called him she could contact me to discuss the 
matter.  Upon further discussion with the chaiman, I realized he was not 
familiar with VA gun laws. Also, I was informed that he will be seeking a 
position on the bench (to be a judge). 

The next breakfast is Saturday Jan 5th 8AM at the Crown Plaza Hotel on Bonney 
Rd. in VA Beach. Perhaps we should make this an open carry event.

sccrref

imported post

It is my understanding that Ron Paul is pro gun and supports all that comes with it. What is the lady thinking? I am glad that they did not try and boot you out of the breakfast. I suspect that she will be finding another candidate to support once she realizes that he supports the RTKBA. Hopefully her eyes will open :what:and she will become enlightened and truely join and support the cause.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

sccrref wrote:
It is my understanding that Ron Paul is pro gun and supports all that comes with it. What is the lady thinking? I am glad that they did not try and boot you out of the breakfast. I suspect that she will be finding another candidate to support once she realizes that he supports the RTKBA. Hopefully her eyes will open :what:and she will become enlightened and truely join and support the cause.
She's not a RP supporter (like a lot of other Republicans) she was just at the GOP breakfast.

VAopencarry

imported post

I can understand her concern. I have heard some guns do not like children and are prone to leaping from the owner's holster and shooting. Does your gun not like children? Is your gun properly trained? You never know when they will get uppity and shoot of their own accord.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
I can understand her concern. I have heard some guns do not like children and are prone to leaping from the owner's holster and shooting. Does your gun not like children? Is your gun properly trained? You never know when they will get uppity and shoot of their own accord.
:lol:especially those "assault" rifles!

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

VAopencarry wrote:

My kids and my guns get along great! They play together well and are respectful of each other.

Perhaps that lady doesn't know how to properly raise her children?

LoveMyCountry

W.E.G.

imported post

According to the media, and after the Colorado church incident, private citizens with a gun are now "security."

That means if anybody asks why you have a gun, you should say "Its for security."

les_aker

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:

Maybe it's a selective sort of thing. The only kid my guns seem to have any problem with is my daughter's boyfriend :cool:. I'm not sure if that makes them properly trained, or extremely well trained though.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

les_aker wrote:
VAopencarry wrote:

Maybe it's a selective sort of thing. The only kid my guns seem to have any problem with is my daughter's boyfriend :cool:. I'm not sure if that makes them properly trained, or extremely well trained though.

Maybe your guns are a good judge of character or lack there of.;)

Thundar

imported post

Why do you think it unusual to encounter anti 2A people in the GOP? The "frontrunners" - Gooliani and Romney would sell out ur gun rights in a heartbeat.

packingdressagerider

Some where in Rockbridge County, Virginia, USA
imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
Yeah, you never know about these guns that dislike children. There was an incident in the news over the weekend about some kids playing with a .22 rifle at the Rockbridge County line, up near Botetourt County. I just love it when reporters say "the gun went off." Why can't they say "somebody pulled the trigger." :cuss:

AbNo

imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
If nothing else, that's why Huckabee's position makes me feel good.  At least he doesn't want my guns.

Yeah, feel-good politics. More of what we need.

Then again, as I sitin the middle of Arkansas, I was scrolling through a document on my parents' computer.....

By the end of his ten-year tenure, Governor Huckabee was responsible for a 37% higher sales tax in Arkansas, 16% higher motor fuel taxes, and 103% higher cigarette taxes according to Americans for Tax Reform (01/07/07), garnering a lifetime grade of D from the free-market Cato Institute.

The number of state government workers rose 20% during his tenure (Arkansas Leader 04/15/06), and the state’s general obligation debt shot up by almost $1 billion, according to Americans for Tax Reform.

I'll vote for :cuss: :cuss: Mickey Mouse before I vote for this tax-monkey.

packingdressagerider

Some where in Rockbridge County, Virginia, USA
imported post

AbNo wrote:
vmathis12019 wrote:
If nothing else, that's why Huckabee's position makes me feel good. At least he doesn't want my guns.

Yeah, feel-good politics. More of what we need.

Then again, as I sitin the middle of Arkansas, I was scrolling through a document on my parents' computer.....

By the end of his ten-year tenure, Governor Huckabee was responsible for a 37% higher sales tax in Arkansas, 16% higher motor fuel taxes, and 103% higher cigarette taxes according to Americans for Tax Reform (01/07/07), garnering a lifetime grade of D from the free-market Cato Institute.

The number of state government workers rose 20% during his tenure (Arkansas Leader 04/15/06), and the state’s general obligation debt shot up by almost $1 billion, according to Americans for Tax Reform.

I'll vote for :cuss: :cuss: Mickey Mouse before I vote for this tax-monkey.
You probably ought to eyeball this website.

[font=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]

Friends of ALIPAC,

ALIPAC made ABC World News Tonight!

Mike Huckabee's Amnesty for Illegals In Iowa Primary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSyERgoOZx0

More good things to come.

The ALIPAC Team
http://www.alipac.us
[/font]

sjhipple

imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
If nothing else, that's why Huckabee's position makes me feel good. At least he doesn't want my guns.
Huckabee's better than that gun-grabberRomney...that's about the only good thing I have to say about him.