• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Controversy At The Most Unlikely Place.

TEX1N

AbNo

imported post

packingdressagerider wrote:
You probably ought to eyeball this website.

Friends of ALIPAC,

ALIPAC made ABC World News Tonight! 

Mike Huckabee's Amnesty for Illegals In Iowa Primary
*video I can't hear*

Sorry, no dice. There are no speakers on this computer, so I can't hear anything.

Oh, and...

STEPHANOPOULOS: “You know, but Governor, let me stop you right there because a lot of people have looked at this. And I even got the bill right in front of me and I know that what you’re talking about may have been in your original legislation but you continued to push for a bill after the scholarship provisions were dropped that would simply provide in-state tuition benefits to illegal immigrants. I’ve read through it.”

HUCKABEE: “Right.”
(later)

HUCKABEE: “Well, the difference is if a student comes in from Colorado he hasn’t been educated in our high school, hasn’t had our courses but if you’ve had a child that’s been there since hes 5, 6 years old or even since hes13 and he’s had his entire high school experience sitting alongside Arkansas students, the point is, is he better off going to college and becoming a taxpayer as opposed to not going to college and potentially becoming a tax taker? Look, the fact that the federal government failed in allowing him to get here illegally is not the problem of the state, it’s the problem of a federal government that pushed it down on the states.”

(Way to pass the buck onto the Fed there, Huckleberry)

Also keep this in mind, I grew up with Clinton as governor, then I got this :cuss: bag in his place.... I've had plenty of first hand experience watching what a wonderful job he's done.

I love how he pionts out that "we have roads to take care of", and the pavement is more or less falling apart around here. Thanks, Mikey....

This guy is a RINO, and an easy target for the left-leaning media's bias.

I should know, I got to watch him tell everyone how great he was for years... :X

Neplusultra

imported post

AbNo wrote:
vmathis12019 wrote:
If nothing else, that's why Huckabee's position makes me feel good. At least he doesn't want my guns.

Yeah, feel-good politics. More of what we need.

Then again, as I sitin the middle of Arkansas, I was scrolling through a document on my parents' computer.....

By the end of his ten-year tenure, Governor Huckabee was responsible for a 37% higher sales tax in Arkansas, 16% higher motor fuel taxes, and 103% higher cigarette taxes according to Americans for Tax Reform (01/07/07), garnering a lifetime grade of D from the free-market Cato Institute.

The number of state government workers rose 20% during his tenure (Arkansas Leader 04/15/06), and the state’s general obligation debt shot up by almost $1 billion, according to Americans for Tax Reform.

I'll vote for :cuss: :cuss: Mickey Mouse before I vote for this tax-monkey.
Check out Ann Coulter's article on Huckabee. The title is "LIBERALS SING 'HUCKELUJAH'", you may need to look in the archives for it if you click on the link below after the article is removed from the front page. She has at least one other article against Huckabee that was relatively recent.

http://www.anncoulter.com/