• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holiday Wishes

amlevin

imported post

10.gif

Preston1911

imported post

Merry Christmas to you and yours also,

not "happy non denominational winter holiday"

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I also will add my hopes that everyone has an enjoyable Christmas and Holiday season! It is wonderful being a part of this group, and I for one am glad we are all here. Here's hoping for a safe and productive 2008!

Steve

nofoa

imported post

I bought myself a xmas present this year (quite a few actually). Its a tritium night sight from my S&W MP .40c from Bowie Tactical. I got it before the weekend but i haven't been able to contact my gunsmith. When i first got the sights friday night i dropped the front sight on my floor. I must have spent 5 minutes looking for it before i just turned off the lights. It only took a few seconds to find that green dot on the foor, not even close to where i was looking.

I am super pleased with these, can't wait to try them out on my gun.

:monkey:celebrate:monkey

You guys buy anything gun related this holiday season?

Preston1911

imported post

nofoa wrote:
I bought myself a xmas present this year (quite a few actually). Its a tritium night sight from my S&W MP .40c from Bowie Tactical. I got it before the weekend but i haven't been able to contact my gunsmith. When i first got the sights friday night i dropped the front sight on my floor. I must have spent 5 minutes looking for it before i just turned off the lights. It only took a few seconds to find that green dot on the foor, not even close to where i was looking.

I had Trijicon night sights installed on a Springfield 1911 and a Glock 19. I love them for carry. i just purchased and installed Crimson Lasers for both weapons.

Preston1911

imported post

nofoa wrote:

I had Trijicon night sights installed on a Springfield 1911 and a Glock 19. I love them for carry. i just purchased and installed Crimson Lasers for both weapons.

just_a_car

imported post

You should all take a smug pleasure in knowing that the word "Holidays" comes from the conjugation of "Holy Days". Therefore, when someone thinks they're being Politically Correct and secular by saying "Happy Holidays", they're actually being very religious by saying "Happy Holy Days". ;)

So, with that, Merry Christmas all and a Happy New Year!

3/325

imported post

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Adding to the trivia: Scholars believe Jesus was actually born in the Spring, when Herod ordered the census to be taken (Mary and Joseph's reason for traveling in the first place). The celebration was moved to Winter in order to coincide with a popular timeframe for pagan holidays. The idea was to keep the pagan celebrations but subversively change their meaning to Christianity. Guess it worked.

joeroket

imported post

3/325 wrote:
Merry Christmas to everyone!

Adding to the trivia: Scholars believe Jesus was actually born in the Spring, when Herod ordered the census to be taken (Mary and Joseph's reason for traveling in the first place). The celebration was moved to Winter in order to coincide with a popular timeframe for pagan holidays. The idea was to keep the pagan celebrations but subversively change their meaning to Christianity. Guess it worked.

Alot of christian holidays have some sort of paganistic bckground. It was one way the christians used to opress the pagans.

Merry Christmas everyone and no I didn't get to buy any gun related stuff this year. Wife and kids come before dad does. Oh well I'm looking at Income tax time for my christmas present. :D

nofoa

imported post

Another bit of trivia - Older testaments say that jesus was not killed by the jews but by hera of egypt who came around 100 years earlier. Still others suggest jesus was a fictional character intended to inspire courage, kindness, and bravery with his deeds.

Still Christmas is a great time of year

Noah