Thread: Is this wallet holster legal?

Post imported post

I spoke with a rep at the company that makes the HOLDSTER wallet holster. He indicated that this specificwallet holster is legal because it is obviously still a pistol as it exposes the barrel, slide, trigger, and hammer port of the weapon.

He says they have a letter from the BATF confirming it's legality, He is sending me a copy of the letter.

Anyone know anything about these?

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I don't understand the implied connection between BATFE and the legality of holsters.

Can someone help me out?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Yeah I didn't realize the BATF had anything to do with regulating the holster, as long as the firearm that is IN the holster is legal I can carry a gun in a drawstring bag if I want.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Montanya wrote:
    Yeah I didn't realize the BATF had anything to do with regulating the holster, as long as the firearm that is IN the holster is legal I can carry a gun in a drawstring bag if I want.
    Not quite. The issue with this specific holster is that it isn't just a "holster". It is designed in a way that the gun is fired w/o removing it from the holster. The original concern was that it no longer looked like a gun, and rather looked like a wallet, making it a wallet GUN, not a wallet holster. This would be along the same lines as those guns that look like cellphones, and shoot by pressing buttons on the phone. Thats why BATF was a concern. Regardless, the holster is indeed legal since, as previously mentioned, it's still obviously a gun with the slide, barrel, and trigger exposed.

On that note, however, I'm curious what everyone's opinion on this holster is. My first thought is "wow, that solves the problem about my pocket gun coming out of my pocket with the holster still attached, but exposed triggers make me nervous..". What about you guys?

Post imported post

I think for safety sake I would find a better pocket carry holster for $45 than one that completely exposes the trigger.For me, a small pocket gun is not gonna print much in ANY of the available pocket holsters and still cover the trigger to prevent any ND.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    SNIP This would be along the same lines as those guns that look like cellphones, and shoot by pressing buttons on the phone. Thats why BATF was a concern.
    Makessense. Can anybody cite the authority on this so I can check it out?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

ijusam wrote: Thanks. I guess I'llhave to read up on the NFA and the other laws they cite in the "guidebook."

In the vernacular of my youth, Don't nobody else click on the link unless you want to download 11.6 Meg of pdf.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    In the vernacular of my youth, Don't nobody else click on the link unless you want to download 11.6 Meg of pdf.

Aw, that ain't no big deal. Unless you're using Acrobat!

Use Foxit reader!! pdf is a piece of cake with Foxit! And it's free!!!!

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

Quote Originally Posted by Montanya View Post
    I think for safety sake I would find a better pocket carry holster for $45 than one that completely exposes the trigger.For me, a small pocket gun is not gonna print much in ANY of the available pocket holsters and still cover the trigger to prevent any ND.
    you think absolutely right my dear,...I also done this by buying the pocket holder carry hostler but not in just the price you said ..I bought it in 90 $ and it is made by the brand TANI ..Its an an a wallet and i bought it from a website specially i think made for this and they made these amazing stuff,,

http://walletshelf.com/

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comisdazied View Post
    you think absolutely right my dear,...I also done this by buying the pocket holder carry hostler but not in just the price you said ..I bought it in 90 $ and it is made by the brand TANI ..Its an an a wallet and i bought it from a website specially i think made for this and they made these amazing stuff,,

http://walletshelf.com/
    You posted to a necro thread (over 8 years old) and give us a bad link too?

We also do not speak condensendingly to females here - we are all equal.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Wowwie!!!

A Troll, with English as a second language
    has broken my Necro post record of 8yr 2mo and 21days!
    He posts a broken link,,,
    And I bet he never posts again!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    A Troll, with English as a second language
    has broken my Necro post record of 8yr 2mo and 21days!
    He posts a broken link,,,
    And I bet he never posts again!
    Would you believe me if I said he just made my watch list?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    ...We also do not speak condescendingly to females here - we are all equal.
    I don't get it, dear; what did he say wrongly?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Sarcasm, I almost lost all respect for you.

I had to re-read and I figured out you were being sarcastic.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

The tone of voice and body language used will tell you a lot.

When kissing barnyard animals or camels, one should be aware of which way the creature is facing.....and whether it is smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    ...I had to re-read and I figured out ...
    That's the perfect kind: a "wait... what?" but still getting it.

Back on topic: I've found that girls are especially interested in what's in my pants, and more specifically, the wallet.
    Last edited by MAC702; 04-13-2016 at 11:37 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    The tone of voice and body language used will tell you a lot.

When kissing barnyard animals or camels, one should be aware of which way the creature is facing.....and whether it is smiling.
    did you want that with one hump or two??

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

That's the perfect kind: a "what... what?" but still getting it.

Back on topic: I've found that girls are especially interested in what's in my pants, and more specifically, the wallet.
    Keep it holstered, in your pocket, and no one will know the truth.

Holstered or not, it's an arresting moment when you see the imprint/tracks of the Ship of the Desert at the beach.

Think I have slipped off the page and landed in the Social Lounge. My bad.