Thread: Holster Required?

Post imported post

Do you have to have your gun in a holster if you are CC'ing? Or can you stick it in the back of your pants (not that I recommend this)? I heard that Indiana requires a holster so I was wondering about KY?

Post imported post

I've not found anything in the KRS's that require a holster

Post imported post

FightingGlock19 wrote:
    I've not found anything in the KRS's that require a holster
    Nor have I. Dunno about IN. Openryan or one of the other Hoosier boys will know.

Possibly better to have aholster, but to each his own, as long as it is legal, IMHO.

However, if concealed is TRULY concealed, no beefs!Ihave seen myself sticking the Tarus 85 snubby lightweight .38 Sp. into my back pocket, coat on, and walk the dogs up to the store for smokes in cooler weather. Too lazy to strap up properly for such a quick jaunt, I guess!

Off the point, but I do not think that I would OC a handgun in a back pocket, nor Mexican carry one in a belt or waistband, but that is just personal preference, nothing more.

Post imported post

I think you are referencing OH law. If you are in a vehicle in OH, and you are licensed to carry carry concealed in a state which is recognised by OH, then the firearm must be in a holster if on "Your person's person". Otherwise, you may do away with the holster if it is LOCKED in the glovebox, OR is stored in a container which has :The loaded handgun is in a closed case, bag, box, or other container that is in plain sight and that has a lid, a cover, or a closing mechanism with a zipper, snap, or buckle, which lid, cover, or closing mechanism must be opened for a person to gain access to the handgun.

OR: The loaded handgun is securely encased by being stored in a closed, locked glove compartment or in a case that is locked.

The biglaw to keep in mind is thatin OH is you must tell the officer that you are licensed to carry, and are doing so if you are stopped for an official purpose.

BTW- you can carry without a holster on foot if you are licensed to do so. The holster stipulation only applies to vehicle carry.

Post imported post

Yeah , good points to remember when venturing Noth of the River, thanks, Reef!

TrueBrit