• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at the gas station

disconnect

imported post

So on my way home tonight, I stopped at the gas station to fill up. I was OC'ing even though the gas station is about 10 feet from the Illinois border. I got out of my car and was trying to unlock my gas tank, but it was cold and I was having problems, lol. There was another man filling up at the pump across the way from mine. He noticed me having problems and said "Would you like me to help you with that?" I was kind of like... "ummmm.. well I almost got it....." (i was not sure what he would do when he saw me OC'ing) so he started walking over andI kind of turned my side... He started helping me and took my gas tank thing off... I was turning and trying to help him get it off, and I could tell that he was looking at my side, or rather, the weapon. He just looked, didn't change his facial expression, and was still very pleasant with me. I thanked him, and told him I appreciated the help, and he finished filling up his car and left.

This is the first time I have gone to a gas station OC'ing. I was afraid the guy was going to start asking me questions or something... I was kind of glad he didn't. This OC gas station experience was a lot different that any CC experience at the gas station... usually somebody always want to help me fill up my tank or something, and then end up asking for my phone number, or trying to sell me weed/ecstasy/pills. LOL, maybe if i OC, i can deter those types of people??

I am still a little unsure about OC, but I am starting to get more comfortable with it!! :D

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Yeah, if you cross into IL, and go into the Sauk Trail/Village area, it gets pretty icky, especially at night and weekends.

Was it the BP station?

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

Was this on 31? I would imagine people around Dyer/Lynwood not really caring too much as long as you carry yourself in a non threatening manner.

disconnect

imported post

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
Was this on 31? I would imagine people around Dyer/Lynwood not really caring too much as long as you carry yourself in a non threatening manner.

Yes, it was on Route 30... aka Joliet Street. It is right on the border of Illinois, so I always have to be careful of what I do and whereI drive.

I'm sure if I dressed like a gangster or something they probably would call the cops on me. But I was wearing nice clothes, so i think how you dress has something to do with it...

I also carried at work yesterday. It was concealed, because I think my boss would flip out if he knew I was working and carrying. I don't know, I haven't asked him yet, but I'm sure he will give me the whole speech "why do you need to carry here??" I think I am just going to carry untill I get found out or yelled at. : )

I also had to call a cop out to my residence yesterday morning. I OC'd the whole time, he didn't say a damn thing, lol. But I don't think he blames me for wanting to OC.

Hope everyone has a nice christmas!!