• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Irrational officer? Or butcher with a beef?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

The sheriff's office has not officially confirmed that theofficer involved was Evans. They have also notmade any arrests -a spokesman said that is because detectives do not see the officer as a threat to the public. But the investigation is continuing.

Okay.... Sounds like a pretty screwed up situation to me. And from what I have read I will second the preferential treatment. Charge him with assault, assault with a deadly weapon, unlawful use of a weapon to intimidate another, and anything else they can through at the guy.

If that had been a regular citizen he would be in jail now...

Steve

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

The sheriff's office has not officially confirmed that the officer involved was Evans. They have also not made any arrests - a spokesman said that is because detectives do not see the officer as a threat to the public. But the investigation is continuing.

Someone pointing a gun at a store owner over some jerky not being peppered? Yeah, that's not threatening!

The Vancouver officer told deputies he pulled out the handgun to defend himself because he felt threatened, according to the sheriff's office. He was put on paid administrative leave, which is standard procedure in such incidents.
If I pulled a gun on a cop, would my employer pay me while I was in jail?!?

Brannan said he thinks the officer is receiving preferential treatment.

THINKS?!?

"I think he should be treated like anybody else," Brannan said. "And we all know if it was anybody else out there how they'd have been treated. They'd have been handcuffed and arrested and taken."

That's getting of light! The cops would have shown up and started shooting!
What a douche bag! If any one of us had done this, we would be burned at the stake!

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I agree that a civilian would have been handled differntly, and I do mean handled. Do police have a choice how they handle an officer-involved incident that doesn't involve immediate incarceration? I wouldn't be too surprised to hear that their union dictates these steps much like a public school teacher accused of rape is still on paid leave until conviction.

Jered

imported post

If the cop would have been Joe Citizen, then it would have been quite justifiable to shoot him if he pointed a firearm at you.

This cop needs to be punished.

PT111

imported post

Jim675 wrote:
much like a public school teacher accused of rape is still on paid leave until conviction.
That isnews to me and the two that I know personally. One was fired completely the day charges were filed and the other got his jobbackwhen it was determined that the accusers were lying the entire time. I know some that were placed on leave until the investigation was made but none until conviction. I know one that was fired when confronted and told that he could either hit the road or face chages. This is the exact same kind of BS quarter-truthsthat the anti's spill about gun control.

Ravenhawk

imported post

What a douche bag! If any one of us had done this, we would be burned at the stake!
Very true ... It's laughable for him to say he felt his life was in danger so he whipped out his gun while NOT identifying himself as LEO ... that in itself does make him a average Joe. Coupled with him being the aggressor to begin with?!

He doesn't deserve to be a LEO

Phssthpok

imported post

and if average 'joe citizen' happend by at the right moment, and shot the 'pistol bearer' (agressor) in defence of the 'victim'...what then?

Jered

imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
and if average 'joe citizen' happend by at the right moment, and shot the 'pistol bearer' (agressor) in defence of the 'victim'...what then?

That's what I'd like to know.

Or what would have happened had the 'victim' shot the 'aggressor'? How is the victim supposed to know that Some Angry Dude brandishing a pistol at him is a cop? IMHO, this cop needs to be fired, tried, and convicted of a felony, so that he is legally barred from owning a firearm ever again, because he'd demonstrated that he's not capable of controlling himself with one.