• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are shopping malls private property or a public forum?

ne1

imported post

When it's public property, I understand laws prohibiting smoking (I have no right to blow smoke towards someones family picnick), but you should be able to peacefully assemble or be armed for self defense as this doesn't intrude on anyone elses rights.
These days it is not so simple as prohibiting smoking, drinking, or other so-called anti-social behavior. The weak and minorities have been coddled so much that packing a peanut butter sandwich in your lunchbox or wearing a piece of jewelrycan be seen as violating someone else's rights.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Doug wrote

Really, "emply?" I'll take your retort as humorous since rise and set imply no such thing.

Learn celestial navigation that depends on rise and set and to which a modern worldview is essential and integral.

All in jest, Perspective and/or point of view is what I was implying, as well as Relativity. We think we are standing still on earth, but in reality the earth is spinning a 1,000 MPH and the earth is moving around the sun at about 76,000 MPH. We are standing still on earth. But you are moving threw space at a high rate of speed.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Oh, I've read the quotes. :) Just giving you my ideal. Obvious we're restrained by government in this society in many things that we shouldn't be. I also hold a real estate appraising license in Indiana, and am well aware that in areas of housing and other services the government HAS passed laws concerning descrimination. But those are NOT constitutional rights, those are civil rights and a much different matter.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
Oh, I've read the quotes. :) Just giving you my ideal. Obvious we're restrained by government in this society in many things that we shouldn't be. I also hold a real estate appraising license in Indiana, and am well aware that in areas of housing and other services the government HAS passed laws concerning descrimination. But those are NOT constitutional rights, those are civil rights and a much different matter.
You must have been reading my mind about 17 posts back. :D