• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why you should carry in a zoo

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

dngreer wrote:
Has anyone else heard that the officers who arrived on scene found the tiger next to one of the victims, and they yelled at the tiger and did not shoot until the tiger turned towards them? Maybe I'm missing something, but don't you shoot a tiger standing of a person who has already been mauled, rather than yelling first?
If true, I suspect the officers didn't want to further injure the victim with their misplaced or overpenetrating shots.

Decoligny

imported post

dngreer wrote:
Has anyone else heard that the officers who arrived on scene found the tiger next to one of the victims, and they yelled at the tiger and did not shoot until the tiger turned towards them? Maybe I'm missing something, but don't you shoot a tiger standing of a person who has already been mauled, rather than yelling first?

They had to wait until the Tiger made a threatening move towards them. That way they won't get sued by the ACLUfor misuse of deadly force. Maybe they should have Tased it first, or used pepper spray. How about calling in the hostage negotiator.

Who knows, if the Tiger was just sitting there, maybe the Tiger was sorry for what it had done and was ready to turn itself in and throw itself on the mercy of the court,after all it had been traumatized by beingheld captive against it's will. :banghead:

As soon as they had a clear head shot....BOOM, dead Tiger.