• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 27

disconnect

imported post

Is $529 a good price for a new Glock 27 with nightsites?

let me know what you think please!! :)

by the way, I am female and I want something small and easy to carry that is .40 cal. Do you think a Glock 27 is a good choice?

Thank you!

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

disconnect wrote:

by the way, I am female and I want something small and easy to carry that is .40 cal. Do you think a Glock 27 is a good choice?

Thank you!

If it is NIB WITH nightsights, that's agood deal. If you're looking for a small .40 the G27 is a great option.Check out the XD40Subcompact, the S&W M&P40c, the Kahr K40 and P40and the HK P2000SK in .40 as well. They aretheG27's closest competitors. Be sure to try and get some range time with your choice before you buy. See if thereis an indoor range that rents these guns. Spending $50-70 on a range day to find out what you're buying issomething you'll like to shoot and carry, is a lot cheaper than putting down ten times that,onlyto find out you don't like what you now own!

There's usually a lot of "snap" to the recoil on these small .40's, and if you find that to be bothersome, there's nothing wrong with going to a 9mm in the same package. Every single gun I mentioned above is also available in 9mm. Cheaper to feed that way, too! Good luck on your search.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I think you got a good deal. I paid $475 for mine and another $95 to get nightsights installed.

If you can handle the recoil and hit with your pistol is all that matters as to whether or not it is a good choice for you. However I think you made a good choice if you can.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Please be careful on your choice. Not the brand of firearm but the shape. The back of the firearm is square in shape. The rear top and rear site can hang up or grab the inside of a pocket when you pull it out. This is also true in a fanny pac. If you are going to holster the firearm, then no problem. My SW 38 J frame hammerless revolver will not hang up in my pocket. But my Keltec PF9 semiauto will hang up in my pocket.

Just consider how you are going to carry it.

Did not edit for spelling.

disconnect

imported post

Thanks for responding!! It is new in box and with night sights... I havent bought it yet, I'm still trying to think... but I want it reeeally bad!!

Also, I have shot the Glock 22 (40 cal) and i really like it, the recoil was weird to me at first, but then I becamecomfortable withit...Right now I amshooting a Glock 17 (9mm).

Alot of people are telling me that the recoil is bad on the G27. I have not shot one yet.... :Xlol, the range i go to used to have one for rent... but apparently they "broke it while cleaning it." That kind of scares me that they somehow broke it... but i just want something tiny with a lot of power that I can actually hide on me, or open carry. what do you guys think about OC'ing a G27??

IanB

imported post

The G27 is an EXCELENT gun for CC or OC. Understand that unless you get a mag with a "pinky extension" your pinky finger will not be on the grip of the gun. It takes a few mags of shooting to get used to. I also recomend a Serpa holster for it.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

I would bet that instead of "breaking a part while cleaning" they actually "lost a part while cleaning" especially if they did a detail strip of the upper. There's a couple of small spring retaining cups and other misc. pieces that can be pretty easily misplaced if one is not careful. GLOCKs don't just break because of cleaning them.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

My wife carries a G26 (Sub-compact 9mm) in a Serpa and she loves it! She has also fired the G27, and said it was snappier than her 26. (no surprise) She also tried a sub compact XD40, and felt no recoil difference, but she did not like how tall the XD was.

The G26 is a great gun for concealment. But if you plan to OC, I would suggest getting the G23. Once you add the pinky extension to the G27, it defeats the purpose of carrying a sub-compact. (in my opinion) My wifes G26 with the extension is the same height as my G23. But my .40 has less recoil than her 9MM!

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

just a guy, with a Glock wrote:
(SNIP).......and add the G17,G18, G 22, G23, G36 etc. over time. :DRegardless of which model you get, there is no such thing as being unhappy with a Glock. ;)
(Emphasis added)
Especially the G18!!! Tell me where to sign up! Wish I had one of those!!!:celebrate

FightingGlock19

imported post

disconnect wrote:

Thank you!
If it were me, and I wanted a .40 cal Glock, I'd go with the 23.

Springfield45

imported post

just a guy, with a Glock wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:
My wife carries a G26 (Sub-compact MM) in a Sepa and she loves it! She has also fired the G27, and said it was snappier than her 26. (no surprise) She also tried a sub compact XD40, and felt no recoil difference, but she did not like how tall the XD was.

The G26 is a great gun for concealment. But if you plan to OC, I would suggest getting the G. Once you add the pinky extension to the G27, it defeats the purpose of carrying a sub-compact. (in my opinion) My wifes G26 with the extension is the same height as my G23. But my .40 has less recoil than her MM!
Excellent point to consider, most people end up with the magazine extension as the hand grip is so short on the Glock 27. Shoot the G19 & the G23 along with the G27 and then decide. Ideally I would just use the G27 for concealed carry and the full sized G17 or G22 for open carry. If you just want ONE "do it all gun" the Glock 19 would be my choice. Then again you can always start with the G27 and add the G17,G18, G 22, G23, G36
etc. over time. Regardless of which model you get, there is no such thing as being unhappy with a Glock. ;)
JAGWAG,

Where can I get a G18 !?!? I would loooove to have one under the pillow !!;)

~~Springfield

disconnect

imported post

Okay well I have been thinking about this a lot lately..

I have a Glock 17 right now, I like it, but it is too big to conceal on my body.

I really did want a Glock 22 for a while, whenever I shoot my friends Glock 22 I love it even more, it fits great in my hand, it's comfortable, and it never fails to shoot great.

I keep wondering... what would be the best choiceif I am going to buy a Glock in .40 cal? For some reason I think that the Glock 27 would be best for me right now, because what I am looking for right now in a gun is:

1. Something small to conceal almost anywhere on my body.
2. Something I can conceal at work without my boss knowing and/or freaking anybody out by a huge bulge lolll
3. Something with ultimate stopping power, .40 cal
4. Something that is small and easy to grab/use if someone comes after me.

Although it would be nice, I guess I am not really looking for a gun I would just take to the range for a day and shoot 500 rounds through it... I am just looking for a gun I can take to the range and shoot 50 rounds, clean, and wear on me at all times. And I am pretty sure that the G27 is 10 roundsin the mag doublestacked, one in the chamber... so at least you would get 11 shots off, right? And the G17 I have is also 10 rounds single stack, but I can get one of those double stack mags and then I can get what, 19 rounds?

Do I make sense, and does it sound like I am looking at the right gun due to my needs??

thanks!

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

disconnect wrote:
I keep wondering... what would be the best choiceif I am going to buy a Glock in .40 cal? For some reason I think that the Glock 27 would be best for me right now, because what I am looking for right now in a gun is:

1. Something small to conceal almost anywhere on my body.
2. Something I can conceal at work without my boss knowing and/or freaking anybody out by a huge bulge lolll
3. Something with ultimate stopping power, .40 cal
4. Something that is small and easy to grab/use if someone comes after me.
Sounds like the G27 may be right for you!

My wife carries her G26 daily, and all of this sounds like her. (Except for #3 of course, she likes her 9MM :quirky )

disconnect wrote:
2. ...and/or freaking anybody out by a huge bulge lolll
HMMM... Maybe I need a longer Glock... :p

AbNo

imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
Be sure to try and get some range time with your choice before you buy.  See if there is an range that rents guns. Spending $50-70 on a range day to find out what you're buying is something you'll like to shoot and carry, is a lot cheaper than putting down ten times that, only to find out you don't like what you now own! 

There's usually a lot of "snap" to the recoil on these small .40's, and if you find that to be bothersome, there's nothing wrong with going to a 9mm in the same package.  Every single gun I mentioned above is also available in 9mm.  Cheaper to feed that way, too!  Good luck on your search.

+2 on this post. From rentals to .40 cal, G20 is right on the money here. If you can, try the same gun in 9mm, and .40 if you can.

If you can rent/beg/borrow some different handguns before you purchase, DO IT. It gives you a better feel for what's available, as well as what you are comfortable with, not to mention some guns don't work as well for some people.

Then again, I've litterally had a .22 fall apart in my hands. Its owner said he'd never seen anything like it, and it did that right after he handed it off to me.

Oh, and if you're looking at a Glock, look into an XD. They have a slightly more comfortable grip (to me), an additional (grip) safety, and have a slightly more natural point-angle. Plus, it comes appart VERY easily for cleaning.

Plus, you can get the sub-compact model, and get some full-size mags (with spacers) and have the full-size model with just a mag-swap! :celebrate

Although I'm sure some Guy will come in here and roast me for suggesting something other than a Glock. :quirky

Carolina40

imported post

The G 27 is an EXCELLENT choice (I can't see getting anything else)

Subcompact is an understatement - excellent for CC.

do yourself a favor and:

- buy G23 (not G27) additional mags. The G27 mags only hold 9 rounds vs. 13 for the G23.

The G23 mags fit the G27 - the 23 mags are obviously longer - get yourself the A&G mag extensions - they slide right over the mag and enable a full handed grip.

finally - get the Serpa holster. The end of the barrel of the 27 barely sticks out from the end of the front of the holster.

The whole set up is so small, you could "almost" forget that it's even there...

$529.00 is a good price, IMO.

one other thing - save your thumbs and get the UPLULA - Universal mag loader. $23.00 or so online --

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Carolina40 wrote:
do yourself a favor and:

- buy G23 (not G27) additional mags. The G27 mags only hold 9 rounds vs. 13 for the G23.

The G23 mags fit the G27 - the 23 mags are obviously longer - get yourself the A&G mag extensions - they slide right over the mag and enable a full handed grip.

After doing this, what is the point of buying a 27??? The handle is the hard part to conceal. If somebody wants a full handled pistol, then why wouldn't they simply buy a full handled pistol like the 23?

Carolina40

imported post

the difference in barrel length sold me -- the shorter it is, the easier it is for me to draw.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Carolina40 wrote:
the difference in barrel length sold me -- the shorter it is, the easier it is for me to draw.
thinking.gif

The length of a G23 is 6.85 inches. The length of a G27 is 6.29 inches. The difference is .56 inches. You were sold on a half of an inch?

I am not trying to criticize, I just can't understand why people buy a pistol with a short handle, and then add an extension on every magazine. This looks especially ridiculous on the sub-compact Springfield XD.