• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cabelas rendezvous

WhiteFeather

imported post

Just throwing this out there!

After this Christmas season I'm sure I'm not the onlymember here holding a gift card to Cabelas. So is anyone interested in having a little get together at the cabelas to spend these most awesome gifts?

I'm looking at a Jan 5th 2008 availability, does that work for anyone else?

ne1

imported post

Awww, I didn't get any Cabelas gift cards.I guess nobody loves me.

I hope you enjoy cashing in on yours :).

Whistlingdeuce

imported post

I am actually goin up on Friday. I have a card that gets me 25 off a 100 or more purchase. So the Old polaris 700 is getting a Kiolpin external gas tank. I have been waiting for like 9 months so the time has come.

Last time I was there I was told my a employee that I had to cover my weapon. Not that I wasn't allowed to have it but I needed to cover it up. I said I would since he asked nicely but legally I didn't have too. He walked away without a response. But I feel I won the battle for now.

imperialism2024

imported post

Whistlingdeuce wrote:
I am actually goin up on Friday. I have a card that gets me 25 off a 100 or more purchase. So the Old polaris 700 is getting a Kiolpin external gas tank. I have been waiting for like 9 months so the time has come.

Last time I was there I was told my a employee that I had to cover my weapon. Not that I wasn't allowed to have it but I needed to cover it up. I said I would since he asked nicely but legally I didn't have too. He walked away without a response. But I feel I won the battle for now.

You could have responded, "Since you don't know whether or not I have a LTCF, you may be soliciting me to commit an illegal act by covering my openly carried firearm."

:)

ne1, no Cabela's gift card? awww. There's always next year?

Springfield45

imported post

Sign Me UP !!

I got me one of those nifty Cabela's gift cards too :D

Mrs. Springfield has been been braggin' up all the hot deals they have in the "Bargain Cave" up there .... gotta get a scope for the new muzzleloader I found under the Christmas tree :cool: ...

~~Springfield

Whistlingdeuce

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
You could have responded, "Since you don't know whether or not I have a LTCF, you may be soliciting me to commit an illegal act by covering my openly carried firearm."

:)

ne1, no Cabela's gift card? awww. There's always next year?
I got $250 worth of gift cards. When I get off work tomorrow at 9 I am heading home to get my open carry holster and the wife and heading north to Cabela's to spend the money that has bein burn my wallet for 2 days now.

WhiteFeather

imported post

I kinda thought a few more people would have gotten gift cards but nonetheless if you have one or not makes no difference. Everyone seems interested in a OC get together what better place than Cabelas. Food, guns, knives and all sorts of other stuff.

January 5th 2008 around1600does that works foranyone?

imperialism2024

imported post

Springfield45 wrote:
1600 is a little late for me ... but if it's not possible to make it earlier, i could try to make it work ... Earlier like maybe ... 1430 ?

~~Springfield
Ironically, it's a little too early for me. I'd be looking more for 1700 or later... bah.

WhiteFeather

imported post

How aboutFriday Jan 4th, 2008 at 1700? That would work out even better than Saturday for me since the little missy will be off and may kick in extra money for my cause. But ultimately what works for the group is what I would like to coordinate.

WhiteFeather

imported post

If anyone is interested I have gotten a couple of my local friends to agree to go

Friday, January 4th 2008 around 1730. So if you can make it just show up! If not hope to meet you some other time. PM me if you have any questions...