Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 Found Killed at Rural Wash. Property

Post imported post

http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8TPETN00.html

CARNATION, Wash. (AP) - The bodies of six people, likely family members and including two young children, were found Wednesday at a rural property east of Seattle, a sheriff's sergeant said.
    The victims included a boy about age 3, a girl about age 6, a man and woman in their 30s, and a man and woman in their 50s, King County sheriff's Sgt. John Urquhart said...

Post imported post

Autopsies have not been performed on the bodies, but the cause of death was most likely gunshots, Urquhart said.
    Detectives have ruled out murder-suicide as the causes of death, and investigators were searching the area for possible suspects in the killings, Urquhart said.
    insisted there was no danger to anyone else living nearby.

Asked to explain, he said, "You have to take my word for it."
    Okay, that all sounds rather fishy to me... So if it wasn't a murder-suicide and you're looking for a suspect in the area, how can you possibly claim there's no danger to anyone living nearby?!?!

I'm voting zombies, due to them saying "most likely gunshots". Either they have holes in them or they don't!... or maybe they were shot after rising from the dead.

(Note: sorry to make fun of this, as it is a tragedy. But, if you can't make light of senselessness in life, you'll go insane.)
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I agree with you Just-a-car this is fishy. Sorry mr.police guy if you haven't found the guy who killed a 3 year old and a 6 year old i am most certainly in danger. With such little information i am left to conclude "zombies" as well.

Class 1 outbreak seems to have been put down.

Post imported post

nofoa wrote:
    I agree with you Just-a-car this is fishy. Sorry mr.police guy if you haven't found the guy who killed a 3 year old and a 6 year old i am most certainly in danger. With such little information i am left to conclude "zombies" as well.

Class 1 outbreak seems to have been put down.
    Ah, I see you've read Max Brookes' Zombie Suvival Guide also. Good man... I read this and instantly thought of the signs mentioned in the book. I should put this one in my Zombie Journal. *snicker*
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

The police arrested a man and woman who were "well known" to the victims about the time it hit the paper. The couple stopped by the crime scene early in the morning and were questioned by detectives.

The police probably got some answers that led them to believe the case is pretty well closed.

Post imported post

Misguided Child wrote:
    The police arrested a man and woman who were "well known" to the victims about the time it hit the paper. The couple stopped by the crime scene early in the morning and were questioned by detectives.

The police probably got some answers that led them to believe the case is pretty well closed.
    The woman is a relative of the people who were shot. Tha man is her boyfriend. They have both been arrested on suspicion of murder.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stori....587332de.html

"Now there are serious questions about why police did not go into the house after a 911 hangup call was placed the night of the murders."

"Police made two calls back to the residence, but both went to voicemail. When deputies arrived at the scene, the gate was locked. When deputies were unable to gain access, they left."

Post imported post

CC27 wrote:

"Now there are serious questions about why police did not go into the house after a 911 hangup call was placed the night of the murders."

"Police made two calls back to the residence, but both went to voicemail. When deputies arrived at the scene, the gate was locked. When deputies were unable to gain access, they left."

But having a gun to protect yourself is just irresponsible and leads to more violence. In a civilized nation only the police should have guns. We certainly don't need vigilantiism when the police are perfectly capable of protecting you and enforcing the laws.

Post imported post

heresolong wrote:
    But having a gun to protect yourself is just irresponsible and leads to more violence. In a civilized nation only the police should have guns. We certainly don't need vigilantiism when the police are perfectly capable of protecting you and enforcing the laws.
    Seriously,, After reading stories like this it is amazing how some people can still talk like that.

Post imported post

CC27 wrote:

And they send the SWAT teams for Legal OC'ing?

I prayed last night for all especialy the one last victim who made the 911 call only to go unanswered?

It was probly too cold to get out of car and walk up to the residence ... I hope that lazy Cop feels guilty cause I sure as heck would.

Post imported post

I'm betting meth was involved somehow.

"I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

"We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

"Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

Post imported post

CC27 wrote:

What makes the failure of the Deputies to gain access is made more "interesting" when the bodies were found by a co-worker from the Post Office. Let's see now, Deputies can't get in? Post Office can?

According to the radio news today the dispatcher heard a lot of background noise and thought there was a party going on when the phone was hung up. 30 minutes later Deputies show up at locked gate. On the surface it looks like the opportunity to either stop some of the killing was missed or at least the bodies would be found far sooner (fresher evidence).

"If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
    heresolong wrote:
    Seriously,, After reading stories like this it is amazing how some people can still talk like that.
    The original quote had to be sarcasm.

I hope.

Post imported post

When seconds count ... the police are only minutes away ... if they decide its not too much trouble for them ....

~~Springfield

State Researcher

Post imported post

http://www.theolympian.com/news/story/311225.html

Picked up from The Seattle Times... latest news on killings

Post imported post

3/325 wrote:
    Agent 47 wrote:
    heresolong wrote:
    The original quote had to be sarcasm.

I hope.
    Absolutely!!!!!

Post imported post

These events make me sad. To even imagine my own worst enemy is a family member or friend. To especially have to defend yourself over some petty money.

Post imported post

"The deputies were sent out at 5:19 p.m. and arrived at 5:45 p.m."

I don't need to arm myself. I can just wait a half hour for the police to arrive.

Post imported post

CC27 wrote:
    "The deputies were sent out at 5:19 p.m. and arrived at 5:45 p.m."

I don't need to arm myself. I can just wait a half hour for the police to arrive.
    Actually, depending on how rural the area, that is par for the course for areas around Carnation/Duvall and S Snohomish CO.

In some situations the Sheriffs will be virtually unable to find the home. I know from experience

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

Post imported post

Last time we called the county mounties it took 45 minutes for them to show up. I've got enough ammo to hold off the zombie hoards for that long, though.

Post imported post

http://www.komotv.com/news/local/12898792.html

Sheriff asks for investigation of deputies' response to 911 call

SEATTLE -- King County Sheriff Sue Rahr said Friday she will ask her Internal Investigations Unit to investigate the response of two deputies to a 911 hang up call that originated at the time of the murder of six people in Carnation on Christmas Eve.

"Lets be very clear", Rahr said in a press release Friday, "the evidence at the scene of the homicides, as well as statements from both suspects, clearly show all of the victims were killed before the deputies arrived. Nevertheless, we have certain procedures for specific reasons, and I want to find out if those procedures were followed. And if not, why not."

Their internal investigation shows that Erica Anderson made the 911 call after she had been shot twice, and after her mother, father, and husband were already dead. Prosecutors say murder suspect Joe McEnroe took the phone out of Erica's hands, tore the phone apart, then shot her in the head. Then her two children were shot.

Rahr gave the following timeline for the 911 hang-up call:

* 5:13.47 p.m.: Communications Center receives a call lasting about 10 seconds from the Anderson residence. The 911 call receiver did not hear any talking on the call, and noted information for the dispatcher: "Heard a lot of yelling in the background….sounded more like party noise than angry heated arguing".

* 5:15.11 p.m.: Call Receiver calls back into the residence but it the call goes to voice mail.

* 5:19.11 p.m.: Two deputies are dispatched to the call, and are given the information provided by the Call Receiver.

* 5:21.32 p.m.: A second call is made back to the residence. Still voice mail.

* 5:45.10 p.m. Two deputies in separate patrol cars arrive.

* 5:55.31 p.m.: Both deputies clear the location, and tell the 911 dispatcher: "Gate is locked….Unable to access".

Rahr said while the deputies were on the scene, they spoke with a neighbor on the same access drive as the Andersons. The neighbor said she had not seen or heard anything suspicious at the Anderson residence before the deputies arrived.

Rahr says the deputies who were dispatched to the call are 55-years-old and 27 years-old. The first has been with the sheriff's office for 9 years with prior police experience in Hawaii. The second has been a police officer for one year.

Post imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
    * 5:55.31 p.m.: Both deputies clear the location, and tell the 911 dispatcher: "Gate is locked….Unable to access".
    I personally have no problem with that. A locked gate, or a locked door, means keep out -- to everyone including the police.

Unless there is visually verifiable evidence of wrong doing, or a warrent. Sorry, a 911 hang up call is not evidence, nor does it justify breaking down a door imho.

Post imported post

Dave_pro2a wrote:
    compmanio365 wrote:
    I personally have no problem with that. A locked gate, or a locked door, means keep out -- to everyone including the police.

Unless there is visually verifiable evidence of wrong doing, or a warrent. Sorry, a 911 hang up call is not evidence, nor does it justify breaking down a door imho.

I agree especially after some of the discussions I have seen over people trespassing on private property. It is interesting the the murders evedently bothered to lock the gate as they were leaving.

Post imported post

PT111 wrote:
    Dave_pro2a wrote:
    compmanio365 wrote:

I agree especially after some of the discussions I have seen over people trespassing on private property. It is interesting the the murders evedently bothered to lock the gate as they were leaving.
    Either that or they were still there and hiding until the Deputies left. It seems they did the prudent thing as nothing apparently looked out of the ordinary and the neighbors said that they had heard nothing.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

Post imported post

Of course now the anti's are all over this one.

David Goldstien... KIRO Host, Blogger, and everyone's least favorite ASS is of course blaming the guns.

The King County prosecutor can't decide yet if this crime demands the death penalty!?

I don't know about youbut to me this case is the DEFINITION of a Capital Crime. Shoot... even Goldstien is having a hard time coming up with a reason for not applying the ultimate punishment for this one and he's staunchly anti-Captital Punishment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast