• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

6 Found Killed at Rural Wash. Property

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

[font="Verdana,Sans-serif"]http://apnews.excite.com/article/20071227/D8TPETN00.html

[/font]
[font="Verdana,Sans-serif"] CARNATION, Wash. (AP) - The bodies of six people, likely family members and including two young children, were found Wednesday at a rural property east of Seattle, a sheriff's sergeant said.
The victims included a boy about age 3, a girl about age 6, a man and woman in their 30s, and a man and woman in their 50s, King County sheriff's Sgt. John Urquhart said...

[/font]

just_a_car

imported post

Autopsies have not been performed on the bodies, but the cause of death was most likely gunshots, Urquhart said.

Detectives have ruled out murder-suicide as the causes of death, and investigators were searching the area for possible suspects in the killings, Urquhart said.
insisted there was no danger to anyone else living nearby.

Asked to explain, he said, "You have to take my word for it."
Okay, that all sounds rather fishy to me... So if it wasn't a murder-suicide and you're looking for a suspect in the area, how can you possibly claim there's no danger to anyone living nearby?!?!

I'm voting zombies, due to them saying "most likely gunshots". Either they have holes in them or they don't!... or maybe they were shot after rising from the dead.

(Note: sorry to make fun of this, as it is a tragedy. But, if you can't make light of senselessness in life, you'll go insane.)

nofoa

imported post

I agree with you Just-a-car this is fishy. Sorry mr.police guy if you haven't found the guy who killed a 3 year old and a 6 year old i am most certainly in danger. With such little information i am left to conclude "zombies" as well.

Class 1 outbreak seems to have been put down.

just_a_car

imported post

nofoa wrote:
I agree with you Just-a-car this is fishy. Sorry mr.police guy if you haven't found the guy who killed a 3 year old and a 6 year old i am most certainly in danger. With such little information i am left to conclude "zombies" as well.

Class 1 outbreak seems to have been put down.
Ah, I see you've read Max Brookes' Zombie Suvival Guide also. Good man... I read this and instantly thought of the signs mentioned in the book. I should put this one in my Zombie Journal. *snicker*

Misguided Child

imported post

The police arrested a man and woman who were "well known" to the victims about the time it hit the paper. The couple stopped by the crime scene early in the morning and were questioned by detectives.

The police probably got some answers that led them to believe the case is pretty well closed.

j2l3

imported post

Misguided Child wrote:
The police arrested a man and woman who were "well known" to the victims about the time it hit the paper. The couple stopped by the crime scene early in the morning and were questioned by detectives.

The police probably got some answers that led them to believe the case is pretty well closed.
The woman is a relative of the people who were shot. Tha man is her boyfriend. They have both been arrested on suspicion of murder.

CC27

heresolong

imported post

CC27 wrote:
http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_122707WAB_carnation_murders_TP.587332de.html

"Now there are serious questions about why police did not go into the house after a 911 hangup call was placed the night of the murders."

"Police made two calls back to the residence, but both went to voicemail. When deputies arrived at the scene, the gate was locked. When deputies were unable to gain access, they left."
But having a gun to protect yourself is just irresponsible and leads to more violence. In a civilized nation only the police should have guns. We certainly don't need vigilantiism when the police are perfectly capable of protecting you and enforcing the laws.

Agent 47

imported post

heresolong wrote:
But having a gun to protect yourself is just irresponsible and leads to more violence. In a civilized nation only the police should have guns. We certainly don't need vigilantiism when the police are perfectly capable of protecting you and enforcing the laws.
Seriously,, After reading stories like this it is amazing how some people can still talk like that.

Ravenhawk

imported post

CC27 wrote:
http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_122707WAB_carnation_murders_TP.587332de.html

"Now there are serious questions about why police did not go into the house after a 911 hangup call was placed the night of the murders."

"Police made two calls back to the residence, but both went to voicemail. When deputies arrived at the scene, the gate was locked. When deputies were unable to gain access, they left."
And they send the SWAT teams for Legal OC'ing?

I prayed last night for all especialy the one last victim who made the 911 call only to go unanswered?

It was probly too cold to get out of car and walk up to the residence ... I hope that lazy Cop feels guilty cause I sure as heck would.

Dave_pro2a

imported post

I'm betting meth was involved somehow.

Dial911anddie.jpg

amlevin

imported post

CC27 wrote:

What makes the failure of the Deputies to gain access is made more "interesting" when the bodies were found by a co-worker from the Post Office. Let's see now, Deputies can't get in? Post Office can?

According to the radio news today the dispatcher heard a lot of background noise and thought there was a party going on when the phone was hung up. 30 minutes later Deputies show up at locked gate. On the surface it looks like the opportunity to either stop some of the killing was missed or at least the bodies would be found far sooner (fresher evidence).

3/325

imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
heresolong wrote:
Seriously,, After reading stories like this it is amazing how some people can still talk like that.
The original quote had to be sarcasm.

I hope.

heresolong

imported post

3/325 wrote:
Agent 47 wrote:
heresolong wrote:
The original quote had to be sarcasm.

I hope.
Absolutely!!!!!

nofoa

imported post

These events make me sad. To even imagine my own worst enemy is a family member or friend. To especially have to defend yourself over some petty money.

:(

CC27

imported post

"The deputies were sent out at 5:19 p.m. and arrived at 5:45 p.m."

I don't need to arm myself. I can just wait a half hour for the police to arrive.:banghead:

Dave_pro2a

imported post

CC27 wrote:
"The deputies were sent out at 5:19 p.m. and arrived at 5:45 p.m."

I don't need to arm myself. I can just wait a half hour for the police to arrive.:banghead:

Actually, depending on how rural the area, that is par for the course for areas around Carnation/Duvall and S Snohomish CO.

In some situations the Sheriffs will be virtually unable to find the home. I know from experience ;)

Jered

imported post

Last time we called the county mounties it took 45 minutes for them to show up. I've got enough ammo to hold off the zombie hoards for that long, though.