• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need a holster

modelo57

imported post

Hi everybody,

I bought myself a Christmas present this year, a Taurus PT 145 Pro Millennium .45ACP. A real sweetheart of a pistol. My problem is finding a holster that this fine pistol fits. The holster for my Government Model will hold it, but the draw is all wrong with the front sight snagging unless I draw very carefully. I would prefer a belt holster for concealed carry as many of you know Ct can be real ba----ds about OCing. Any ideas or suggestions?

Bersa45

imported post

modelo57 wrote:
Hi everybody,

I bought myself a Christmas present this year, a Taurus PT 145 Pro Millennium .45ACP. A real sweetheart of a pistol. My problem is finding a holster that this fine pistol fits. The holster for my Government Model will hold it, but the draw is all wrong with the front sight snagging unless I draw very carefully. I would prefer a belt holster for concealed carry as many of you know Ct can be real ba----ds about OCing. Any ideas or suggestions?
I have a Fobus SP 11B paddle holster for the exact same gun. I couldn't find a belt holster that didn't cost an arm and a leg. I carried in the Fobus for 2 years. I have paddle and belt holsters and both are very comfortable to wear. I bought myself a present also, Ruger SR9, now my Taurus Pt 145 Millennium Pro will have someone to play with:lol: Go to Fobusholster.com

nemo

imported post

Sorry not to see this thread, earlier.

Take a look at http://www.danddgunleather.com.

Dave makes a good, comfortable holster, and good mag carriers, too.

I would say to tell him that I sent you, but he does not know me by this name, so tell him that the guy from ole Virginny sent you.

Mainsail

imported post

FightingGlock19 wrote:
have you considered Uncle Mike's?
He said he's looking for a holster, not a coaster, andkeeping your beer from leaving a ring on the coffee table isabout all an Uncle Mikes product is good for.

Here's the Master Holster List from THR. Browse some of the sites, you should be able to find a quality holster made just for your gun (which is a safety issue) instead of an UM's pistol pouch.

acrimsontide

imported post

I have used these two models from Milt Sparks (miltsparks.com) for years and have been very pleased with them. Of course Milt Sparts is a custom maker and as such has a wait time of approximately 26 weeks, but in my opinion it is worth the wait. They have many other models available so check out their website.

Eeyore

imported post

I went thru a similar search for my PT111. I was looking specifically for a tuckable IWB. I eventually bought a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe, but others under consideration were CompTac (C-TAC and Minotaur), and Tucker Gun Leather ("The Answer" and "Texas Heritage").

I have no complaints with my Crossbreed, and the price was good. The Minotaur might be preferable if you don't always carry the same gun, since you can mount different molds to the same backing.

nh92d

imported post

how about a galco.just ordered a M7X Matrix-

MATRIXM8.jpg

waitingfor delivery,but have heard good things about it.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterG3.asp?ProductID=644&GunID=219
http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterG3.asp?ProductID=873&GunID=219
JAK_slide.jpg
QUICK_S.jpg