Thread: Simunition rounds

Post imported post

Has anybody ever done active shooter scenarios with simunition rounds??

I am doing that tomorrow and friday, and..... i am scared. :?

I am really afraid that I am going to get hurt, it just.... freaks me out. Some people say that it is like paintballing, but I have heard it is a lot worse... plus it is with real guns.

Please let me know if it hurts, i need to prepare myself!!

State Researcher

Post imported post

It is a bit worse than paintball....just make sure you wear all your safety gear and you should be fine.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I hope that the trained safety-sensitive will weigh in on this. LOADED, MUZZLE, TRIGGER, TARGET! Safety is a tyrant's tool; no one can be against safety.

Post imported post

disconnect wrote:
    Has anybody ever done active shooter scenarios with simunition rounds??

I am doing that tomorrow and friday, and..... i am scared. :?

I am really afraid that I am going to get hurt, it just.... freaks me out. Some people say that it is like paintballing, but I have heard it is a lot worse... plus it is with real guns.

Please let me know if it hurts, i need to prepare myself!!
    Relax, you'll be fine. It does sting a bit when you're hit in certain places, but not bad. I've been using it in active shooter training for years, and I can tell you that it is far less painful than a paintball. It's like anything else, the closer you are the more it stings.

The "bullets" are basically a small paint soaked sponge, encased in a plastic shell. The guns are real, but have the special sim barrels in them so they cannotfire real rounds.

Typically you wear standard paintball protective gear. Just be sure to wear long sleeves, gloves, layered clothing, and cover ANY exposed skin (like your neck).

Oh yes, they are surprisingly accurate, but jam the gun frequently.Have fun!
    If you have to fight, do not fear death. We will all die one day, so fight skillfully and bravely! And if it is to be that you die, then at least go to God proudly. Meet him as the proud warrior that you are, and not as a sniveling coward. Nobody lives forever.

Post imported post

If it's anything like paintball, wear an old sweatshirt.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Where can I buy simmunitions/barrels for that? Don't they use some oddball size like 8mm?
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Post imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
    Where can I buy simmunitions/barrels for that? Don't they use some oddball size like 8mm?
    we used "FX" brand rounds, they were 9mm, and scary. as close to the real thing as you can get.....

the barrels.... the best way I can desribe them is, (from what i was told) they start off with like a 40 cal size of a barrel but the barrels are tapered down to a small 9mm size, that(supposedly) only the sim round can shoot out of. supposedly if you try to shoota real bullet out, it will not work/explode the barrel/ de-pressurize or something along those lines.

I will try to find out where tobuy them, I am actually not sure.

Post imported post

thanks for replying everyone!!

well... it was not as bad as i thought it would be. it really only hurts a tiny bit worse than a paintball... It is so weird to do training with real guns. I was soo scared at first, but after a little while I started to accept it.

You feel so different when you are doing real life scenarios with these simunitions... I felt so much adrenaline, and it is so hard to make life and death situations under pressure!!! Especially in hostage type situations, those are the most messed up.

State Researcher

Post imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
    They are not readily available to the public....they are "reserved" for military, LE and other recognized training facilities. They make conversion kits but they are as expensive as a new gun...IIRC, Sig and Glock both make "dedicated" pistols for "sim" use.

Post imported post

disconnect wrote:
    thanks for replying everyone!!

well... it was not as bad as i thought it would be. it really only hurts a tiny bit worse than a paintball... It is so weird to do training with real guns. I was soo scared at first, but after a little while I started to accept it.

You feel so different when you are doing real life scenarios with these simunitions... I felt so much adrenaline, and it is so hard to make life and death situations under pressure!!! Especially in hostage type situations, those are the most messed up.

I have done some Simunition training and you are right. It is very hard to make decisions ina split secondstime undersevere stressand still make the right one!! I found it very educational.

I also found how important repetitive training is. I have practiced malfunction drills for several years and during one of my scenarios I had a malfunction and cleared it. I did it all and didn't remember having a malfunction. I was very surprised. I hope you enjoy your training!!!!