• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NOVA Silencers

eyesopened

imported post

I'd like to know too. I just picked up a Ruger Mark II 22/45 and have plans to add a silencer to it in the future. I know Virginia Arms sells the Pac-lite receivers that are threaded, but I did not see any cans.

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

W.E.G. wrote:
I've done business with Rob. You can count on him.
Doug at SSGknives.com is a decent guy from all accounts that I've heard. I haven't done business with him yet, but I'd love to put a can on my M4. Sheriff Hill told me he'd sign the form if it came across his desk.

CajunRebel

imported post

Furr Supply Co., 703-620-0441, Vienna, VA also at EXPO. He has a AR15 tricked out with just about everything, including suppressor.

AbNo

imported post

It's not in NOVA, but Hunter's Paradise in the Shenandoah Heritage Market does.

I'm not too happy with their prices on guns, though. Don't know what the going rate is for silencers. :?

LEO 229

imported post

1. Find one you like
  2. Pay for it
  3. Fill out the ATF form with help from Class III dealer
  4. Get CLEO to sign
  5. Send to ATF with $200 tax fee, photo, and print cards
  6. Wait 4-8 weeks
  7. Get returned document
  8. Pick up silencer
  9. Keep tax stamp document with silencer where ever you go.

zoom6zoom

imported post

CLEO is "Chief Law Enforcement Officer" - so either the Chief of Police or the Sheriff in your jurisdiction.

If you live in a jurisdiction where the CLEO won't sign off (or even if you do) you still have options, as NFA items can be registered to a corporation, LLC, or Trust, which do not require CLEO sign off, fingerprints, or photos. There are extensive threads on this at ar15.com and other boards so I won't go into it here.