• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Truck Rifle Rack LGOC

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I thought it was a serious question deserving serious comment, not a lot of gags about cops and donuts, etc. Hence the moderation.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

How about some moderation in your moderation?

Does anybody know of gun racks that will mount on the rear-side windows of a SUV?

LoveMyCountry

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

LoveMyCountry wrote:
How about some moderation in your moderation?

Does anybody know of gun racks that will mount on the rear-side windows of a SUV?

LoveMyCountry
Either of these should work fine in the side window....they just slip behind the gasket to mount.
I've used this type in the past in rear windows and they work very well.....I don't see why they wouldn't work for a side window.

http://www.ezmountcorp.com/model110.html .....plastic

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000AVZ6Q/entrepreneu0a-20 ....metal

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

longwatch wrote:
Hence the moderation.
And images are so easily filtered/blocked.

A picture being worth a thousand words, a nonsense-picture is merely another thousand words of nonsense and not worth the bandwidth. Buh bye.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

A picture being worth a thousand words, a nonsense-picture is merely another thousand words of nonsense and not worth the bandwidth. Buh bye.

Very true Doug ....how is Wisconsin Electric?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Either of these should work fine in the side window....they just slip behind the gasket to mount. I've used this type in the past in rear windows and they work very well.....I don't see why they wouldn't work for a side window.
The big problem with those mounts is that they loosen and slide around. Eventually they will dump your gun(s).

There's an easy fix though. Get two sections of 1/4" allthread and cut it to the length of the two racks plus two inches. Paint it to match the racks. Bolt iy between the racks (One on top and one on bottom) in the adjustment slots.

I have one in my wifes Landrover that has stayed put for over a year now.

les_aker

imported post

LoveMyCountry wrote:

The head rests in the back seat of my truck go really high, so a traditional rack won't fit. I found what really amounts to a row of 3 sleeves that attaches to the back seat at www.sportsmansguide.com that will hold three rifles. No one can sit in the back seat while it's there obviously, but when I'm taking the rifles somewhere it is a good way to keep them in one place for the trip.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

You can also make one to specs. In my farm truck, I welded U shaped gun rests onto two vertical 1/4"X1"X3" pieces of steel. Triple coated them with tool dip and used self tapping screws to secure it to the reinforcing ribs in the cab.

In the picture, behind my new picture window for my weekend house, you can see it through the rear window. Very solid.

Even with the amount of jostling the Larrymobile gets, the rifles stay put and can be locked.
truck.jpg

nova

imported post

I don't have a rifle rack in my pickup, but the thought of buying an extra rifle sling, and attaching it between the two coat hooks in the back to hang down and look like there's a shotgun up attached to the headliner like in Fairfax Co. police cars has crossed my mind... :lol: