• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Truck Rifle Rack LGOC

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Skull_Crossbones.gif

OT

Thundar

imported post

peter nap wrote:
I do. Have for 40 years and don't plan any changes.

My daughter drew the line years ago, when I hooked a rifle scabbard on my mountain bike. She refused to ride anywhere with me.:lol:

I also have rifle racks on all 3 of my ATV's and on my tractor.
I am inspired. I will be welding a rifle rack to my riding lawnmower tomorrow.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

I have since I was sixteen. Even during the 8 month period that I owned a Camaro Iroc Z28, I rigged up a rifle rack similar to the shotgun mounts in the front seat of police cruisers (it was behind the center console... no one ever rode in the backseat because the interior of that car was designed to house midget clowns I guess.) I don't do it as often during "in school" months because it is probably against some school policy. I will say though, that as far as my vehicle goes, I am always as prepared as possible (aluminum truckbox anyone?).

TEX1N

imported post

Thundar wrote:
peter nap wrote:
I do. Have for 40 years and don't plan any changes.

My daughter drew the line years ago, when I hooked a rifle scabbard on my mountain bike. She refused to ride anywhere with me.:lol:

I also have rifle racks on all 3 of my ATV's and on my tractor.
I am inspired. I will be welding a rifle rack to my riding lawnmower tomorrow.
Out of curiosity, how is this post not off topic? Thunder's post was the one that led to the other "OT" posts.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Why yes I do have a truck rack and it is good open carry!:banghead:

Out of curiosity, how is this post not off topic? Thunder's post was the one that led to the other "OT" posts.
Don't worry about it Tex... It is and I nuked it!

Thundar

imported post

OK, so I have tried to be a little more mainstream in myLong gun Topic.I tried to have a lighter side to Long Gun Open Carry and take some of the bountiful advice given to me. I thought this would be something that was not so controversial. I don't log in for a day, come back and see a skull and cross bones, and most of the thread deleted for being off topic. I thought the police lawnmower was humor, and that the fat comment by LEO 229 was self deprecating (LEO's in general not LEO 229) humor. Was there an ugly post that I missed?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

The skull is my poison post for off topic entry's Thundar....and my guess is that the department of agriculture dig was the ugly comment.