• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

W.Va. Woman Accused of Wiping Her Nose on Cop's Shirt Charged With Battery

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,318609,00.html

DUNBAR, W.Va.— Sometimes you need a police officer; sometimes you need a tissue. Confuse the two, and it could cost you.

A woman in this Charleston suburb was charged with battery on a police officer after the officer said she wiped her nose on the back of his shirt.

Cpl. S.E. Elliott said he had arrested the 36-year-old woman last week after seeing her slap a man, bite him on the elbow and spit in his face. Elliott said the woman wiped her nose on him as he led her into the police station for booking on a charge of domestic battery.

Battery on a police officer is defined as intentionally making physical contact of an insulting or provoking nature with an officer.

TrueBrit

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,318609,00.html

DUNBAR, W.Va.— Sometimes you need a police officer; sometimes you need a tissue. Confuse the two, and it could cost you.

A woman in this Charleston suburb was charged with battery on a police officer after the officer said she wiped her nose on the back of his shirt.

Cpl. S.E. Elliott said he had arrested the 36-year-old woman last week after seeing her slap a man, bite him on the elbow and spit in his face. Elliott said the woman wiped her nose on him as he led her into the police station for booking on a charge of domestic battery.

Battery on a police officer is defined as intentionally making physical contact of an insulting or provoking nature with an officer.

This old gal SOUNDS like a rough handful, everyways, no?

Bad idea to be assaulting guys in general, let alone using the back of a cop's shirt as a snot-rag!

Battery sounds extreme, but, if that is technically what it is , then so be it.

Memo to TrueBrit: Avoid the defrocked debutantes of Charleston like the plague!:shock:

Thanks for the chuckle, Doug, good man yourself!

TrueBrit.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

On the one hand people are becoming more stupid. On the other hand, I think officers in general are becoming more sensitive. I saw some woman on cops tapping a cop on the arm to get his attention (and granted interrupting him when he was talking to someone else) get arrested for putting her hands on an officer. What she did wasn't threatening nor did it involve bodily fluids. It was rude, but didn't hurt anyone. I found it rather stupid. If find this a little silly too given the facts as I understand them. I guess if a homeless guy flicks a bugger at me I should whip out my pistol and hold him there under citizen's arrest until the police arrive. The news story will be great: "Citizen's Arrests for Snot Crimes On the Rise".

AbNo

imported post

While the law is too over-reaching, I'd find someone using my shirt as a snot rag to be rather insulting.

Seriously, there's no excuse for something like that, that's just disgusting.

Furthermore, you can transmit diseases that way. (I just verified this with an RN)

TechnoWeenie

imported post

All you'd have to do is 'sneeze'... snot goes flying, it's a natural reaction, they can't exactly say 'cover your mouth' when you're in coughs.. That way, you get to piss the guy off AND they can't do anything about it...

Not that I endorse 'sneezing' on anyone, hehe, just a thought..