Thread: Deputy wounds man in Spokane shootout

Post imported post

http://www.komotv.com/news/local/12883947.html

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) - A Spokane sheriff's deputy has wounded a man in a shootout.

Spokane police Officer Glenn Bartlett says the city's major crime unit is investigating the shooting under an agreement with the sheriff's office.

It happened after a deputy made a traffic stop at 2:40 a.m. near a convenience store (at Second and Thor). He says a passenger ran from the car and was tracked down by another deputy about two blocks away where the man opened fire.

Bartlett says the deputy returned fire, hitting the man. He has been taken to a hospital, condition unknown.

The deputy was not injured. The driver of the car was arrested for driving with a suspended license.

Bartlett says investigators are trying to determine why the passenger fled and fired at the deputy.

[line]

What is with the violent December?

Post imported post

The man probably has a warrant out, or is otherwise a criminal. Now he'll be spend alot of time in jail for trying to shoot a LEO.

Post imported post

Right On!

Though I may seem against LOE in terms of random stops, I am full supportive when they put their lives on the line grabbing the bad guys.

Well done Deputy for putting the lead where it belongs. Writing tickets is not the best police duty in the world, in fact it is drudgery and dangerous. Trying to shoot a LOE because you have random warrants is beyond the pale. Glad the good guys won.

Post imported post

He needs more practice. The guy is still alive.

Good work on catching them, though.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Kudos to the deputy. :celebrate

State Researcher

Post imported post

I can never understand why BG's insist on shooting at cops or other GG's.

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    Because they are bad.

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    I can tell you why they shoot at cops. They blame Police for everthing that has gone wrong in their little world. Every time they get arrested for doing a crime, it is the Police's fault that they went to jail/prison. They never stop and think that they are responsible for their own criminal actions. "If that damn Officer so and so hadn't busted me" blah blah blah.

On the upside, there are damn few who want to get into a gunfight with a cop, as they know the odds are against them. This is usually a last resort effort to get away, when they feel that they don't have much to lose by trying.
    If you have to fight, do not fear death. We will all die one day, so fight skillfully and bravely! And if it is to be that you die, then at least go to God proudly. Meet him as the proud warrior that you are, and not as a sniveling coward. Nobody lives forever.

Post imported post

Whoops.........totally wrong thread.....

Let the beatings commence.......:P

State Researcher

Post imported post

"We don't understand if he needed to be shot, why couldn't he be shot in the leg or one shot?" wondered Bojorguez-Larson. "Why did it have to be multiple shots? That was unnecessary. We're just trying to find out what and why."

I'd like to see anyone just shoot someone in the leg at night and while being assaulted. Keep shooting until the perp is down... common sense to me.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

OkI am not sure how the I-5 shooting ended up on this thread but I think this family is in grief and striking out for their loss. They have my sympathy. In time I expect they will except what has happened and get on with their lives. In the mean time they just want someone other than their son to blame. It appears the officer was justified in his actions and it is unfortunate this had to happen on Christmas day. A sad event for all involved.

Post imported post

irfner wrote:
    OkI am not sure how the I-5 shooting ended up on this thread but I think this family is in grief and striking out for their loss. They have my sympathy. In time I expect they will except what has happened and get on with their lives. In the mean time they just want someone other than their son to blame. It appears the officer was justified in his actions and it is unfortunate this had to happen on Christmas day. A sad event for all involved.
    Yes, I mixed up the two threads.....my bad. Edited my post summarily......