• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Deputy wounds man in Spokane shootout

compmanio365

imported post

http://www.komotv.com/news/local/12883947.html

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) - A Spokane sheriff's deputy has wounded a man in a shootout.

Spokane police Officer Glenn Bartlett says the city's major crime unit is investigating the shooting under an agreement with the sheriff's office.

It happened after a deputy made a traffic stop at 2:40 a.m. near a convenience store (at Second and Thor). He says a passenger ran from the car and was tracked down by another deputy about two blocks away where the man opened fire.

Bartlett says the deputy returned fire, hitting the man. He has been taken to a hospital, condition unknown.

The deputy was not injured. The driver of the car was arrested for driving with a suspended license.

Bartlett says investigators are trying to determine why the passenger fled and fired at the deputy.

[line]

What is with the violent December? :banghead:

Wheelgunner

imported post

Right On!

Though I may seem against LOE in terms of random stops, I am full supportive when they put their lives on the line grabbing the bad guys.

Well done Deputy for putting the lead where it belongs. Writing tickets is not the best police duty in the world, in fact it is drudgery and dangerous. Trying to shoot a LOE because you have random warrants is beyond the pale. Glad the good guys won.

Johnny Law

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
I can never understand why BG's insist on shooting at cops or other GG's.

I can tell you why they shoot at cops. They blame Police for everthing that has gone wrong in their little world. Every time they get arrested for doing a crime, it is the Police's fault that they went to jail/prison. They never stop and think that they are responsible for their own criminal actions. "If that damn Officer so and so hadn't busted me" blah blah blah.

On the upside, there are damn few who want to get into a gunfight with a cop, as they know the odds are against them. This is usually a last resort effort to get away, when they feel that they don't have much to lose by trying.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

"We don't understand if he needed to be shot, why couldn't he be shot in the leg or one shot?" wondered Bojorguez-Larson. "Why did it have to be multiple shots? That was unnecessary. We're just trying to find out what and why."

I'd like to see anyone just shoot someone in the leg at night and while being assaulted. Keep shooting until the perp is down... common sense to me.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

OkI am not sure how the I-5 shooting ended up on this thread but I think this family is in grief and striking out for their loss. They have my sympathy. In time I expect they will except what has happened and get on with their lives. In the mean time they just want someone other than their son to blame. It appears the officer was justified in his actions and it is unfortunate this had to happen on Christmas day. A sad event for all involved.

compmanio365

imported post

irfner wrote:
OkI am not sure how the I-5 shooting ended up on this thread but I think this family is in grief and striking out for their loss. They have my sympathy. In time I expect they will except what has happened and get on with their lives. In the mean time they just want someone other than their son to blame. It appears the officer was justified in his actions and it is unfortunate this had to happen on Christmas day. A sad event for all involved.

Yes, I mixed up the two threads.....my bad. Edited my post summarily......:uhoh: