Thread: All OC laws in NC

Post imported post

I noticed that NC wasn't a golstar carry state on the map. What does this mean? What restrictions are there? What laws do i have to watch out for?

Thanks guys i appreciate it.

Also i'm new to this forum so i guess i should inroduce myself.

I'm Alex. I live in Currituck county NC. I mostly carry my sigs. I would like to start OC'ing asap.

Thanks

State Researcher

Post imported post

Please take a moment to scan through the other threads in the NC section. All of NC State's firearm laws have been thoroughly discussed. With that being said, we should probably make an easy-to-read thread, and sticky it to the top of this section to avoid answering the same questions over and over again .

If you still have questions once you've read over everything, let us know.

Post imported post

Howdy, abrink!

I live next door in Camden. Don't get to OC much unless I'm in the woods (CCW required at work...). I've OC'd in Elizabeth City a few times with no incident; don't think anybody even noticed...

Anyway, welcome to the forum. You should try to get to one of the tidewater dinner meet-ups sometime (posts in the Va. forum). Good bunch of local folk not too far from us that share a love of the 2A and go out to dinner OCing on a pretty regular basis.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

abrink wrote:
    I noticed that NC wasn't a golstar carry state on the map. What does this mean?
    Click on the orange square in the legend on the main map; then click on NC on the map.

Post imported post

I posted a thread some time ago in the NC section that had attachments with the NC law spelled out. I received the attachments from the NC state police. While I don't necessarily advocate listening and paying attention to your average LEO on the street with regard to firearms laws, I do advocate you read that particular post with attachments.

Just search for it, I know it's there. If you can't find it, let me know...