• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Deb's Gun Range

Beau

imported post

Nevermind. I assume it is in Hammond. Why is it everyone on this forum is from NW IN? I'm going to try to recruit people from Indy to join?

Prometheus

imported post

Beau, there is a large group of ppl who OC around INdy/speedway area on gLocktalk and hardly anyone from NW Indiana... pop over and give them an invite!

Debs is in Hammond, about 1.5 miles north of I80 on Kennedy Blvd (just north of 165th street). It's the place where the one gary cop shot and killed his partner durring practice 2 months ago.

I'm not a big fan of it and last time I was there they had a sign that read "If you are going to carry, keep it concealed!"

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

I go to Deb's on a regular basis, I was there about 4-5 days ago, my brother and his friend never went shooting before, so they asked me to take them, it was fun, they installed a free cappucino machine for the customers.

I too have seen the same sign you speak of, however I always OC there, never had anyone say a word.

From all the ranges I have been to so far, the staff at Deb's are the nicest around.

disconnect

imported post

I always OC at Deb's... she's never said a thing about it to me. :)

I have not seen that sign that you guys are talking about... I did notice one sign, when you first walk in, that says "please keep your weapon in its box" or something.. But Deb is always great to me, she has tought me a lot. Deb's is where I bought my G27 this month.. all glocks on sale at her place for $499. She even threw in a holster and a box of .40 cal hydroshock for free :D annnd range passes!

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

disconnect wrote:

I have not seen that sign that you guys are talking about... I did notice one sign, when you first walk in, that says "please keep your weapon in its box" or something.. But Deb is always great to me, she has tought me a lot. Deb's is where I bought my G27 this month.. all glocks on sale at her place for $499. She even threw in a holster and a box of .40 cal hydroshock for free :D annnd range passes!
Did you just buy it in the last few days?

When I was down in the range, a shipment of 15 Glocks came in, they looked nice, but didn't have the model I wanted... :?

disconnect

imported post

openryan wrote:
disconnect wrote:

When I was down in the range, a shipment of 15 Glocks came in, they looked nice, but didn't have the model I wanted... :?

Yes, I bought it on... Wednesday. They told me they would be getting a shipment of 17 glocks because of the sale... what model are you looking for??

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

disconnect wrote:
openryan wrote:
disconnect wrote:

Yes, I bought it on... Wednesday. They told me they would be getting a shipment of 17 glocks because of the sale... what model are you looking for??

disconnect

imported post

okay, just for the record:

I was at Deb's yesterday, and the sign says "you must have your weapon properly cased." "Properly cased"!!! Having your weapon in a holster is properly cased!! The sign does not say that you have to have your weapon IN A CASE. She does not mind if we open carry!!!

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

disconnect wrote:

I was at Deb's yesterday, and the sign says "you must have your weapon properly cased." "Properly cased"!!! Having your weapon in a holster is properly cased!! The sign does not say that you have to have your weapon IN A CASE. She does not mind if we open carry!!!
Hmm, guess I stand corrected.

Maybe she should correct it to say properly cased/holstered?

Prometheus

imported post

disconnect wrote:

I feel silly now... my wife is sitting behind me reading this too and saying Deb never said anything about her OC'ing... lol. DUH! :banghead:

Gun Lady

imported post

openryan wrote:
disconnect wrote:

Sorry Ryan I am not going to change my sign! Take a wild guess how many people have walked in to my shop with a firearm out in their hand?

Too many!

Sorry if you do not think that a holster is not properly cased I do. I am an advocate for open carry. I think all 50 states should allow open carry. And when you came in was my firearm concealed? of course not. I OC.

Thanks for coming hope you come back soon I would love to sit with you and have a conversation about OCing and my views on lot's of firearms issues. I am glad that you had a good time the last time you were at my shop. Feel free to come back and enjoy the capucinno.

Deb

Owner, Deb's Gun Range

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Gun Lady wrote:
openryan wrote:
disconnect wrote:

Sorry Ryan I am not going to change my sign! Take a wild guess how many people have walked in to my shop with a firearm out in their hand?

Too many!

Sorry if you do not think that a holster is not properly cased I do. I am an advocate for open carry. I think all 50 states should allow open carry. And when you came in was my firearm concealed? of course not. I OC.

Thanks for coming hope you come back soon I would love to sit with you and have a conversation about OCing and my views on lot's of firearms issues. I am glad that you had a good time the last time you were at my shop. Feel free to come back and enjoy the capucinno.

Deb

Owner, Deb's Gun Range
Great to see you here Deb!

I do think a holster is properly cased, I too had misread the sign at a glance, I thought it referred to any patron of the business to case their weapon.

But reading "properly cased" first implied to me for the firearm to be in a case.

Deb, do you know the guy who owns Glenwood gun and pistol range in glenwood, IL?

And for the record, last time I saw two women at the shop, I don't know which, if either was Deb :? I will have to formally introduce myself next time. However, the young man who is usually behind the counter is nice, your son?

Prometheus

imported post

Great to see you here Deb!

We'll definately have to do a OC shoot there now ;) I've got 3 pistols I've yet to shoot, I'm itching to get some range time... I haven't been out since early novemeber IIRC.

Anyone have a weekday availale? I can usually free up for an hour or so tue, wen or thur around lunch and early afternoon.

NayKid

imported post

I just got my permit today and I've only carried to my Father's shop. I'm really interested in this meet at Deb's. I've never been there or heard of it till now, but I would really like to meet up with some like minded 2a people. Everyone I work with thinks guns are bad.