Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: The American Gestapo

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kiPuyssrko



    An "internal investigation" (ie, a committee charged with preparing an exoneration statement) is ongoing. The soldier hasn't been charged with any crime (I couldn't imagine what he'd be charged with). They just beat him up and skipped off. The soldier is not able to deploy to Iraq now because of 3 broken ribs.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    Can't hear videos until next week, can I get a more indepth synopsis?
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post

    AbNo wrote:
    Can't hear videos until next week, can I get a more indepth synopsis?
    Army man goes through security and is stopped because of a bottled drink. TSA agent threatens army man saying that he's in the Army too and outranks him. Army man says that's ********. Army man misses flight. Army man returns to tell TSA agent to stop being a meanie. TSA agent drags army man out of sight of the camera (so he thinks) and batons him, giving army man 3 broken ribs and a bloodied face. Gestapo agent #2 comes and tasers army man as he lays bleeding.

    The end.

  4. #4
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , Alabama, USA
    Posts
    935

    Post imported post

    Small update to above video..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQb7A...eature=related
    ACLU involved and planning court case, PD taser use policy revealed.

    PD responds..."LEOs followed policy"...ask DA to charge soldier...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HHn34rdnFY&NR=1

    IA "clears" LEOs....DA "not enough evidence to charge"....soldier sues.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pVIS...eature=related

    Did we expect another outcome?......



    Unrelated to above story but in same city (LV, Nev)......idiot cop has AD, almost shoots man in head....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgtCI...eature=related

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post

    Comp-tech wrote:
    IA "clears" LEOs....Did we expect another outcome?
    No.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SeaTac, Washington, USA
    Posts
    434

    Post imported post

    The reason this type of activity will continue in LasVegas is because IA and the chief condone it. This incident was probably good fodder around LE coffee tables. I can hear them now. Comments like "that'll teach those fu++rs to screw with us". And then there is wonder at why the disconnect between the police and everyday citizens. The police are supposed to be trained to remain calm not to beat up citizens because they raised their voice or said something the officer didn't like. A couple of good law suits that cost the department a few million dollars might change the chiefs attitude. If not get a new chief.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post

    irfner wrote:
    The police are supposed to be trained to remain calm not to beat up citizens because they raised their voice or said something the officer didn't like.
    I was under the impression that everyday, garden-variety respectablehuman beings were trained to not beat on people they didn't like.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SeaTac, Washington, USA
    Posts
    434

    Post imported post

    ama-gi wrote. I was under the impression that everyday, garden-variety respectablehuman beings were trained to not beat on people they didn't like.

    I don't know about training butordinary people usualy just don't do it. It's called knowing right from wrong, common sence, manners. You get the picture. For these cops it is called exercise of power.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    935

    Post imported post


  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clayton, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    228

    Post imported post

    JACK IS A VERY CONFUSED FELLOW, THIS POST HAS BEEN DELETED.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    235

    Post imported post

    Think the SGT. said it best when he said (paraphrase) "If I had done that to and insurgent I would be in Leavenworth"

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    235

    Post imported post

    nitrovic wrote:
    ama-gi wrote:
    AbNo wrote:
    Can't hear videos until next week, can I get a more indepth synopsis?
    Army man goes through security and is stopped because of a bottled drink. TSA agent threatens army man saying that he's in the Army too and outranks him. Army man says that's ********. Army man misses flight. Army man returns to tell TSA agent to stop being a meanie. TSA agent drags army man out of sight of the camera (so he thinks) and batons him, giving army man 3 broken ribs and a bloodied face. Gestapo agent #2 comes and tasers army man as he lays bleeding.

    The end.
    First- the report was obviously biased against the cops (no shocker there).

    Second- He wasn't "tasered as he lay bleeding". He was first tasered while he was standing, hence the "crippling effects of the taser" per the biased report.

    Third- The Army Sgt. was obviously pissed off (you can see that by his pointed finger and arm movement in the video). The only thing we see is a grainy video of the officer trying to grab at the Sgt to which he pulls away. Then the officer starts swinging with a baton. The Army Sgt. is still up and moving. Then the next officer tasers the guy. That's it. But now you say they are the "Gestapo"? Wow, way to see the whole story.
    Guess he didnt have the good sence to lay down and take a beating. I take it you see nothing wrong with this?




  13. #13
    Regular Member sccrref's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA, , USA
    Posts
    741

    Post imported post

    irfner wrote:
    ama-gi wrote. I was under the impression that everyday, garden-variety respectablehuman beings were trained to not beat on people they didn't like.

    I don't know about training butordinary people usualy just don't do it. It's called knowing right from wrong, common sence, manners. You get the picture. For these cops it is called exercise of power.
    I would have to replace exercise with ABUSE.

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran Nelson_Muntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manassas, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    697

    Post imported post

    Maybe someday 5 soldiers will track down these thugs and give them the beat down they so love to give out. Thugs are capable of learning by experience too.

    Or, perhaps, they should be shipped off to Iraq to take his place. Would be a good lesson for them, but they would probably abuse innocent civilians there too.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    935

    Post imported post


  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    935

    Post imported post


  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post

    nitrovic wrote:
    Just like you guys all LOVE to say "we are all equal". The law doesn't change for a soldier coming back from Iraq.

    That's right! A soldier should have to take a beat down from the Gestapojust like any other "good patriotic American!" Why should he demand the right to be free? What, just because he fought for this country?!

    Oh, nitrovic, my government-apologist friend, what "law" exactly are you talking about that doesn't change for Iraq vets? What "law" exactly was broken here??

    Fact: he was not arrested for anything (meaning conclusively that he did not do anything against the law or the officer would've arrested him, especially if he was angry enough to break 3 of his ribs).

    Fact: he was not a threat as shown on the video and by the fact that the officer did not arrest him.

    Fact: he was not fighting back as shown on the video


  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    935

    Post imported post


  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post

    nitrovic wrote:
    ama-gi wrote:
    nitrovic wrote:
    Just like you guys all LOVE to say "we are all equal". The law doesn't change for a soldier coming back from Iraq.

    That's right! A soldier should have to take a beat down from the Gestapojust like any other "good patriotic American!" Why should he demand the right to be free? What, just because he fought for this country?!

    Oh, nitrovic, my government-apologist friend, what "law" exactly are you talking about that doesn't change for Iraq vets? What "law" exactly was broken here??

    Fact: he was not arrested for anything (meaning conclusively that he did not do anything against the law or the officer would've arrested him, especially if he was angry enough to break 3 of his ribs).

    Fact: he was not a threat as shown on the video and by the fact that the officer did not arrest him.

    Fact: he was not fighting back as shown on the video
    You do know what the real "Gestapo" was right?

    I don't know what he was charged with, I'm sure it was along the lines of some disturbance or disorderly conduct code section (he himself admitted to being angry and cursing). Your "facts" are just opinions. The video isn't clear and doesnt have sound to show your "facts".
    So you don't know what laws, if any, he broke. You just know that he had to be in the wrong because to assume otherwise would mean you would have to -gasp- assume your beloved government might have done something wrong.

    If you don't know what laws he broke or even if he broke any, again I ask, what laws are you taking about that should be "equally" applied to this man?

  20. #20
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SeaTac, Washington, USA
    Posts
    434

    Post imported post

    nitrovic wrote:
    You do know what the real "Gestapo" was right?

    I don't know what he was charged with, I'm sure it was along the lines of some disturbance or disorderly conduct code section (he himself admitted to being angry and cursing). Your "facts" are just opinions. The video isn't clear and doesnt have sound to show your "facts".
    The charge should have been assault. The TSA agent should have been charged with assault or assault with a weapon and arrested. There is no excuse for this type of abusive behavior by those who are paid to protect us. LEs including TSAs should be trained to diffuse this type of situation rather than escalate it as the agent did here.

  21. #21
    Founder's Club Member Jim675's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bellevue, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,037

    Post imported post

    While in the Army I was first stationed in Korea in 1985 in a small village well south of Seoul. I was speaking with a local as we walked toward our apartments when we saw two policeman beating / kicking a guy on the ground in an alley. My friend hurried me along and said "Don't get involved because their punishing a criminal." I said "How do you know he's a criminal?". She said "Because they're beating him".

    Something just reminded me of this incident.


  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    235

    Post imported post

    nitrovic wrote:
    ama-gi wrote:
    nitrovic wrote:
    Just like you guys all LOVE to say "we are all equal". The law doesn't change for a soldier coming back from Iraq.

    That's right! A soldier should have to take a beat down from the Gestapojust like any other "good patriotic American!" Why should he demand the right to be free? What, just because he fought for this country?!

    Oh, nitrovic, my government-apologist friend, what "law" exactly are you talking about that doesn't change for Iraq vets? What "law" exactly was broken here??

    Fact: he was not arrested for anything (meaning conclusively that he did not do anything against the law or the officer would've arrested him, especially if he was angry enough to break 3 of his ribs).

    Fact: he was not a threat as shown on the video and by the fact that the officer did not arrest him.

    Fact: he was not fighting back as shown on the video
    You do know what the real "Gestapo" was right?

    I don't know what he was charged with, I'm sure it was along the lines of some disturbance or disorderly conduct code section (he himself admitted to being angry and cursing). Your "facts" are just opinions. The video isn't clear and doesnt have sound to show your "facts".
    Actually he wasnt charged with anything Its in one of the follow videos.

    There is even a partial recording, The SGT refers to the officer several times as sir.

    Yeah guess he got what was coming


  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    935

    Post imported post

    ama-gi wrote:
    nitrovic wrote:
    ama-gi wrote:
    nitrovic wrote:
    Just like you guys all LOVE to say "we are all equal". The law doesn't change for a soldier coming back from Iraq.

    That's right! A soldier should have to take a beat down from the Gestapojust like any other "good patriotic American!" Why should he demand the right to be free? What, just because he fought for this country?!

    Oh, nitrovic, my government-apologist friend, what "law" exactly are you talking about that doesn't change for Iraq vets? What "law" exactly was broken here??

    Fact: he was not arrested for anything (meaning conclusively that he did not do anything against the law or the officer would've arrested him, especially if he was angry enough to break 3 of his ribs).

    Fact: he was not a threat as shown on the video and by the fact that the officer did not arrest him.

    Fact: he was not fighting back as shown on the video
    You do know what the real "Gestapo" was right?

    I don't know what he was charged with, I'm sure it was along the lines of some disturbance or disorderly conduct code section (he himself admitted to being angry and cursing). Your "facts" are just opinions. The video isn't clear and doesnt have sound to show your "facts".
    So you don't know what laws, if any, he broke. You just know that he had to be in the wrong because to assume otherwise would mean you would have to -gasp- assume your beloved government might have done something wrong.

    If you don't know what laws he broke or even if he broke any, again I ask, what laws are you taking about that should be "equally" applied to this man?
    You were the one who stated ,"They just beat him up and skipped off". He even admitted to being in the wrong while cursing and yelling. BTW, it wasn't a "TSA Agent", it was a metro police officer.

  24. #24
    Regular Member Huck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Evanston, Wyoming, USA
    Posts
    647

    Post imported post

    nitrovic wrote:


    "First- the report was obviously biased against the cops (no shocker there)."

    So if 2 civilians did the same thing to someone no one would think badly of them?

    "Second- He wasn't "tasered as he lay bleeding". He was first tasered while he was standing, hence the "crippling effects of the taser" per the biased report."

    I'm not clear on that part so no comment, for now.

    "Third- The Army Sgt. was obviously pissed off (you can see that by his pointed finger and arm movement in the video). The only thing we see is a grainy video of the officer trying to grab at the Sgt to which he pulls away. Then the officer starts swinging with a baton. The Army Sgt. is still up and moving. Then the next officer tasers the guy. That's it. But now you say they are the "Gestapo"? Wow, way to see the whole story."

    Sergeant England had every right to be pissed off, who would'nt have been? And last I heard pointing a finger and pulling away when grabbed are not aggressive acts and therefore use of force by anybody is not justifiable.

    So tell me Nitrovic, how can anyone, not just a cop, justify a beating with a batonthat broke 3 ribs followed by a tasing just for pointing a finger and pulling away when grabbed?

    I have no problem with LEOs using force when it's necessary, like when a person is combative, but from what I saw on the video Sgt. England wasnot combative. Angry yes, but that's not a legitimate excuse for what happened.


    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    235

    Post imported post

    nitrovic wrote:
    ama-gi wrote:
    nitrovic wrote:
    ama-gi wrote:
    nitrovic wrote:
    Just like you guys all LOVE to say "we are all equal". The law doesn't change for a soldier coming back from Iraq.

    That's right! A soldier should have to take a beat down from the Gestapojust like any other "good patriotic American!" Why should he demand the right to be free? What, just because he fought for this country?!

    Oh, nitrovic, my government-apologist friend, what "law" exactly are you talking about that doesn't change for Iraq vets? What "law" exactly was broken here??

    Fact: he was not arrested for anything (meaning conclusively that he did not do anything against the law or the officer would've arrested him, especially if he was angry enough to break 3 of his ribs).

    Fact: he was not a threat as shown on the video and by the fact that the officer did not arrest him.

    Fact: he was not fighting back as shown on the video
    You do know what the real "Gestapo" was right?

    I don't know what he was charged with, I'm sure it was along the lines of some disturbance or disorderly conduct code section (he himself admitted to being angry and cursing). Your "facts" are just opinions. The video isn't clear and doesnt have sound to show your "facts".
    So you don't know what laws, if any, he broke. You just know that he had to be in the wrong because to assume otherwise would mean you would have to -gasp- assume your beloved government might have done something wrong.

    If you don't know what laws he broke or even if he broke any, again I ask, what laws are you taking about that should be "equally" applied to this man?
    You were the one who stated ,"They just beat him up and skipped off". He even admitted to being in the wrong while cursing and yelling. That is called disorderly conduct, not tough to prove that one.
    So thats enough to justify a beat down?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •