• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The American Gestapo

sjhipple

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Can't hear videos until next week, can I get a more indepth synopsis?

Army man goes through security and is stopped because of a bottled drink. TSA agent threatens army man saying that he's in the Army too and outranks him. Army man says that's bullshit. Army man misses flight. Army man returns to tell TSA agent to stop being a meanie. TSA agent drags army man out of sight of the camera (so he thinks) and batons him, giving army man 3 broken ribs and a bloodied face. Gestapo agent #2 comes and tasers army man as he lays bleeding.

The end.

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

Small update to above video..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQb7Aw2utRk&feature=related
ACLU involved and planning court case, PD taser use policy revealed.

PD responds..."LEOs followed policy"...ask DA to charge soldier...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HHn34rdnFY&NR=1

IA "clears" LEOs....DA "not enough evidence to charge"....soldier sues.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pVISCLEr18&feature=related

Did we expect another outcome?......

Unrelated to above story but in same city (LV, Nev)......idiot cop has AD, almost shoots man in head....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgtCIZSnZ_4&feature=related

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The reason this type of activity will continue in LasVegas is because IA and the chief condone it. This incident was probably good fodder around LE coffee tables. I can hear them now. Comments like "that'll teach those fu++rs to screw with us". And then there is wonder at why the disconnect between the police and everyday citizens. The police are supposed to be trained to remain calm not to beat up citizens because they raised their voice or said something the officer didn't like. A couple of good law suits that cost the department a few million dollars might change the chiefs attitude. If not get a new chief.

sjhipple

imported post

irfner wrote:
The police are supposed to be trained to remain calm not to beat up citizens because they raised their voice or said something the officer didn't like.
I was under the impression that everyday, garden-variety respectablehuman beings were trained to not beat on people they didn't like.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ama-gi wrote. I was under the impression that everyday, garden-variety respectablehuman beings were trained to not beat on people they didn't like.

I don't know about training butordinary people usualy just don't do it. It's called knowing right from wrong, common sence, manners. You get the picture. For these cops it is called exercise of power.

smccomas

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
ama-gi wrote:
AbNo wrote:
Can't hear videos until next week, can I get a more indepth synopsis?

Army man goes through security and is stopped because of a bottled drink. TSA agent threatens army man saying that he's in the Army too and outranks him. Army man says that's bullshit. Army man misses flight. Army man returns to tell TSA agent to stop being a meanie. TSA agent drags army man out of sight of the camera (so he thinks) and batons him, giving army man 3 broken ribs and a bloodied face. Gestapo agent #2 comes and tasers army man as he lays bleeding.

The end.

First- the report was obviously biased against the cops (no shocker there).

Second- He wasn't "tasered as he lay bleeding". He was first tasered while he was standing, hence the "crippling effects of the taser" per the biased report.

Third- The Army Sgt. was obviously pissed off (you can see that by his pointed finger and arm movement in the video). The only thing we see is a grainy video of the officer trying to grab at the Sgt to which he pulls away. Then the officer starts swinging with a baton. The Army Sgt. is still up and moving. Then the next officer tasers the guy. That's it. But now you say they are the "Gestapo"? Wow, way to see the whole story.
Guess he didnt have the good sence to lay down and take a beating. I take it you see nothing wrong with this?

sccrref

imported post

irfner wrote:
ama-gi wrote. I was under the impression that everyday, garden-variety respectablehuman beings were trained to not beat on people they didn't like.

I don't know about training butordinary people usualy just don't do it. It's called knowing right from wrong, common sence, manners. You get the picture. For these cops it is called exercise of power.
I would have to replace exercise with ABUSE.

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Maybe someday 5 soldiers will track down these thugs and give them the beat down they so love to give out. Thugs are capable of learning by experience too.

Or, perhaps, they should be shipped off to Iraq to take his place. Would be a good lesson for them, but they would probably abuse innocent civilians there too.

sjhipple

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
Just like you guys all LOVE to say "we are all equal". The law doesn't change for a soldier coming back from Iraq.

That's right! A soldier should have to take a beat down from the Gestapojust like any other "good patriotic American!" Why should he demand the right to be free? What, just because he fought for this country?!

Oh, nitrovic, my government-apologist friend, what "law" exactly are you talking about that doesn't change for Iraq vets? What "law" exactly was broken here??

Fact: he was not arrested for anything (meaning conclusively that he did not do anything against the law or the officer would've arrested him, especially if he was angry enough to break 3 of his ribs).

Fact: he was not a threat as shown on the video and by the fact that the officer did not arrest him.

Fact: he was not fighting back as shown on the video

sjhipple

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
ama-gi wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
Just like you guys all LOVE to say "we are all equal". The law doesn't change for a soldier coming back from Iraq.

That's right! A soldier should have to take a beat down from the Gestapojust like any other "good patriotic American!" Why should he demand the right to be free? What, just because he fought for this country?!

Oh, nitrovic, my government-apologist friend, what "law" exactly are you talking about that doesn't change for Iraq vets? What "law" exactly was broken here??

Fact: he was not arrested for anything (meaning conclusively that he did not do anything against the law or the officer would've arrested him, especially if he was angry enough to break 3 of his ribs).

Fact: he was not a threat as shown on the video and by the fact that the officer did not arrest him.

Fact: he was not fighting back as shown on the video

You do know what the real "Gestapo" was right?

I don't know what he was charged with, I'm sure it was along the lines of some disturbance or disorderly conduct code section (he himself admitted to being angry and cursing). Your "facts" are just opinions. The video isn't clear and doesnt have sound to show your "facts".

So you don't know what laws, if any, he broke. You just know that he had to be in the wrong because to assume otherwise would mean you would have to -gasp- assume your beloved government might have done something wrong.

If you don't know what laws he broke or even if he broke any, again I ask, what laws are you taking about that should be "equally" applied to this man?

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nitrovic wrote:

You do know what the real "Gestapo" was right?

I don't know what he was charged with, I'm sure it was along the lines of some disturbance or disorderly conduct code section (he himself admitted to being angry and cursing). Your "facts" are just opinions. The video isn't clear and doesnt have sound to show your "facts".
The charge should have been assault. The TSA agent should have been charged with assault or assault with a weapon and arrested. There is no excuse for this type of abusive behavior by those who are paid to protect us. LEs including TSAs should be trained to diffuse this type of situation rather than escalate it as the agent did here.