• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Survey - How much force is reasonable?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Here is your chance to influence the training and behavior of law enforcement regarding the use of force. www.responsetoresistance.com

This is a legitimate survey in an attempt to define "reasonable" in the use of force. So far, the numbers disagreeing with the proposed scenario responses are very small.

Warning: you will be asked to provide demographic information (age, weight, height, geographic location) before you can get to the survey. The site will accept anything you enter, as long as the blank is filled in, so tinfoil hat wearers need not freak about black helicopters being dispatched.

stay safe.

skidmark

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

The problem is this criteria - "It is a legal and lawful arrest"

The survay results agree that an officer may use force if it is a lawful arrest. The problem is officers arrest people all the time for unlawful reasons all the time. I don't believe officers get enough training in what is lawful.

The website makes a false representation or misinforms the public. The statement is "To protect and serve." Who are they to protect and serve? We know that the officer does not have a duty to protect the people. So who are they serving? It is clear, they are protecting and serving the State, not the people.

My firm belief is when a fine is imposed for a crime, then the crime exists only to raise money. If it's a crime put the criminal in jail. The State does not have a right to make money. Towns and villages won't put you in jail for the so called crime. They want the money.

I have seen town and village courts go nuts when you won't pay the money and you insist on serving the time. It cost the town and village money to put you in jail.

If more people would demanded jail time and refused to pay fines the laws would change.

Go sit in a municipal court and see how many poor people are hit with fines and the court knows they can't pay.

This system is screwed up. Courts are nothing more than a money making enterprise.

OK, I am done venting.

Heartless_Conservative

imported post

Great, now you got me thinking about that cop Deceptacon in the new Transformers movie...hehe "To oppress and enslave"...if only it wasn't so chillingly close to reality in many places...