• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Survey - How much force is reasonable?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Here is your chance to influence the training and behavior of law enforcement regarding the use of force. www.responsetoresistance.com

This is a legitimate survey in an attempt to define "reasonable" in the use of force. So far, the numbers disagreeing with the proposed scenario responses are very small.

Warning: you will be asked to provide demographic information (age, weight, height, geographic location) before you can get to the survey. The site will accept anything you enter, as long as the blank is filled in, so tinfoil hat wearers need not freak about black helicopters being dispatched.

stay safe.

skidmark

LEO 229

imported post

Question 5

If a subject is seriously attempting to injure or kill an officer with personal weapons (hands & feet), or if a subject is trying to take the officer’s firearm away, or is using a weapon against the officer (gun, knife, shank, club, etc.). Is it reasonable for the officer to attempt the following?

Any technique from Segments One, Two, Three, or Four

Deadly Force (Firearms, shotguns, rifles, baton strikes to any area needed, non traditional weapons)

3% Disagree to a cop using deadly force against a man.

Now the question is a little loaded are not really formatted properly.

The same answer covers

1. An attack to seriously injure or kill
  2. An attempt to disarm the cop
  3. And the use of a weapon/firearm against the cop
The attempt to disarm may not appear that serious where the other two are.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

1. [*]An attack to seriously injure or kill [*]An attempt to disarm the cop [*]And the use of a weapon/firearm against the cop
The attempt to disarm may not appear that serious where the other two are.
I would certainly consider it as serious as the other two, but you're right, the sheeple might not see it that way.

Of course, I have to wonder what this thread has to do with VA or open carry...