• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Next President

Beau

imported post

Just wondering if anyone has made up their mind on who to vote for. I'm still doing research but I found this web site . This is his clip from a Political Courage Test found on http://www.vote-smart.org. Not all candidates have filled out this test. However you can check their voting record andinterst group support rating.

This clip is from Maurice Robert Gavel
Gun Issues

Indicate which principles you support (if any) regarding guns.

a) Allow individuals to carry concealed guns.

x b) Require a license to carry a concealed gun.

c) Require a license to possess a gun.

d) Ban the sale, ownership or possession of handguns except by law enforcement or other government officials.

e) Require gun owners to store guns in a safe or lockbox, or to have them disabled with a trigger lock.

f) Allow individuals to carry guns on college campuses.

On (g) and (h), indicate what levels (#1-6) you support for the following categories.

Maintain Status g) Enforcement of existing restrictions on the purchase and possession of guns.

Maintain Status h) Restrictions on the purchase and possession of guns.

i) Other or expanded principles

I would work with existing groups to develop education programs to teach Americans about firearms safety.

Prometheus

imported post

Seems like alot of candidates haven't filled out the surveys.

I'm voting Ron Paul. He's the only one running who has never voted for any federal firearms restrictions. He also expresses the reasons for the second amendment and no where does he ever mention 'sporting purposes' like the other dolts.

Cappy

imported post

I like Fred Thompson. He seems to be more of a Constitutionalist.I saw where hewas at a gun show. I don't remember his exact comment but he does like guns. :D

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

So far, my candidate of choice is "None of the above".

All of those with acceptable records on guns have other policies I'm strongly opposed to. Frankly, I think I'd rather fight a battle against a gun controller (where we'd have backing of many national groups as well) than against some of these other issues.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Tess wrote:
So far, my candidate of choice is "None of the above".

All of those with acceptable records on guns have other policies I'm strongly opposed to. Frankly, I think I'd rather fight a battle against a gun controller (where we'd have backing of many national groups as well) than against some of these other issues.
+1 I will vote for my party and pray that it does a better job of keeping its candidate/leader in line than did the Repugnicrats.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ron Paul for me.

I'm convinced that of the two largest parties, America will deteriorate no matter which one wins. I really do. Its been happening for years. I'm not willing to afflict my fellow Americans with spenders or taxers.

I know a lot of people think he can't win. However, what difference does it really make in the end when either a Dem or Rep wins.Only thetype of worsening changes. It still worsens.

The more support received by guys likePaul orLibertarians, the more the otherparties will have to pay attention.

And he can still win.

bourneshooter

imported post

I'm on the Ron Paul train as well. Providing firepower and helping get the gun vote out for him.

I don't agree with him on some issues, especially leaving Iraq right now. However almost everything else is 100% in line with what I believe.

Erus

imported post

Dr. Paul, while I do not agree with every position is, IMHO, the best chance to begin to reverse the direction away from constitutional and civil liberty in this country. I remember what Dad and Grandpa said about being and living in America. The current (and sadly too long standing) trend in our "leaders" is not about what they can do for thier country, but what they can do for themselves and thier biggest contributors.

I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore.

I am voting for RP so I don't have to leave my kids and grandkids no other choice but to vote from the rooftops.

Erus

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

a buddie of mine is going to vote for mit romney(sp?) he said he is the most pro gun one on the list.

Thou I have not done any research as of yet, I have no Idea who I am to vote for but I know two who I will not Obamma and Billary

kmcdowel

imported post

I dont feel Ron Paul really has a chance, so Huckabee gets my vote.

Attachments

• 196px-Mike_Huckabee_speaking_at_HealthierUS_Summit.jpg
    196px-Mike_Huckabee_speaking_at_HealthierUS_Summit.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 183

WhiteFeather

imported post

Of course Dr. Paul has no chance. I mean everyone knows that Rudy is the front runner for everything...

Iowa Results...

SensIARep.png

kmcdowel

imported post

Do you think any republicans have a chance at presidency?

Is not having a front runner lessening our (GOP) chances at winning?

It seems like everyone is liberal these days; Do Romney, McCain or Huckabee stand a chance against Obama or Clinton?

Do you think that Obama or Clinton being a minority will help or hinder their campaign?

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

kmcdowel wrote:
Do you think any republicans have a chance at presidency?

Is not having a front runner lessening our (GOP) chances at winning?

It seems like everyone is liberal these days; Do Romney, McCain or Huckabee stand a chance against Obama or Clinton?

Do you think that Obama or Clinton being a minority will help or hinder their campaign?

I damn sure hope so!