• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What not to say in a gun store

jdoe

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
Myself I had the insiders view in Heathrow when my carryon went through
the X-ray. When I looked up at the screen I saw the 2 grenades,
they were faceted lead crystal atomizers for my mother, but they looked
like them to me also.
Heh, that reminds me of the 4 tubes of lipstick I had wrapped carefully as gifts in my carry on they were xrayed and things got serious real quick...the security gal was very nervous as she gingerly unwrapped them and then whew...a visible sigh of relief on her part followed by a big smile as she realized what they were. I'm still don't know what she thought they were.

Another time I put my pager (turned off) through the xray and the security guy asked me to turn it on to show him that it was real. It was a well used pager and the on/off switch was a little worn down and hard to operate so I held it down by my side, struggled a little and grimaced...then I noticed the security guy squinting like he was expecting it to blow or something...I laughed and said, "it's just hard to turn on" it beeped and booted up an he was a happy camper again.

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

Pointman wrote:
"Give me all your money!"

I don't see what the problem is. Hillary Clinton just made the same request of the American public in order to pay her campaign debt. --Wait, I see the problem now...
Yeah, she's a crook too!

brolin_1911a1

imported post

A close friend of mine who is a retired Washington, DC and Chicago, IL cop was working part time at a local pawn/gun shop here in southern Missouri. About a year ago, some idiot came into the store blithely carrying a Mini-14, uncased, action closed, held horizonally at waist level and pointing at my friend. By the time the customer got through the door and actually saw my buddy, said customer was looking down the barrel of my friend's Glock 23. Only then did Mr. would-be Darwin award realize what he was doing with the rifle and quickly pointed it in a safe direction.

Yes, it was unloaded. Yes, the empty 20rd mag was in the mag well. And no, he would not have been the first man to have been shot by my friend. According to my buddy, the customer was visibly sweating and shaking throughout the remainder of the transaction as he got over the thought of what had almost happened.

MetalChris

imported post

brolin_1911a1 wrote:
A close friend of mine who is a retired Washington, DC and Chicago, IL cop was working part time at a local pawn/gun shop here in southern Missouri. About a year ago, some idiot came into the store blithely carrying a Mini-14, uncased, action closed, held horizonally at waist level and pointing at my friend. By the time the customer got through the door and actually saw my buddy, said customer was looking down the barrel of my friend's Glock 23. Only then did Mr. would-be Darwin award realize what he was doing with the rifle and quickly pointed it in a safe direction.

Yes, it was unloaded. Yes, the empty 20rd mag was in the mag well. And no, he would not have been the first man to have been shot by my friend. According to my buddy, the customer was visibly sweating and shaking throughout the remainder of the transaction as he got over the thought of what had almost happened.
:what::what:Holy crap!

SlacK

imported post

David.Car wrote:
cmg266 wrote:
I have been in several gun stores, which I am sure most of you have as well. I honestly think in every single store I went to 100% of the employees were OC a gun, 100% of them.
Unfortunately not here in Spokane. Some stores yes, some no. We have a store/range that is the only range in the middle of town and the only truely public one (2 gun clubs on outskirts of town) that has a large sign on the door (red and shaped like a stop sign) saying guns are only allowed in their cases.

While this policy has changed and they do allow CC, there still is no OC in the store and the employees seem to abide by that... Although I am positive most are CC...
actually the store that has the guns in cases sign.... ALL of the employees OC