• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One of our neighborhood kids got a bb gun for Christmas...

What would you do?

• let it go and replace the glass

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • go on a man hunt and make them replace the glass

• call the cops and make them do the leg work

• shoot one of the cats anyway

• Total voters

Superlite27

imported post

It was a steel .177 caliber BB, plain and simple...it's just "who did it" that is in question, not WHAT did it.

EDIT: And rather than being done deliberately, it could have been an unintentional/accidental ricochet

I guess you are 100% right.

After all, those spring fired BB guns really crank up the velocity on those OH SO HEAVY steel BB's enough to bounce off hundreds of objects and still retain enough velocity to leave PERFECTLY ROUND HOLES.

Yup. Those Red Riders. Really high velocity. Especially after riccochets.

I was just trying to help point out some possible explanations. Remind me to stay away from El Paso. One too many people named John D. therewho evidently have no tact and only exist to prove their superiority by name calling and belittling.

Little advice John: Making others look small fails to make you look big.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Superlite27.

Superlite...does that refer to your depth of thinking or your life experiences? Regardless, I'm so sad you won't be visiting here...please reconsider. I plan to move soon (to Galveston, TX) but you can visit me at my new place if you wish, we even could be shooting buddies maybe.Or go surf fishing...I'll even loan you a pole. How's that for being neighborly?

Yes, either it was a deliberate shot at the window or a ricochet BY A BB GUN, not a pellet gun. Face it.

And also yes, if you're my age and do NOT know/can do a WHOLE LOT of stuff, something's wrong with your life...you're older but none the wiser. There are millions of people just like you though...the very average/common and incredibly boring herds.

But thanks for the free psychiatric medical opinion...that would have cost me lots of money otherwise...now I can take that saved $$ and go buy a Red Ryder at Walmart (except I already did that 2-3 weeks ago).

-- John D.

P.S. If you don't like what I write, don't read (killfile me) any posts by "cloudcroft," or, ask the Moderators to ban me. But I'll go voluntarily if they wish.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Citizen wrote:
lildobe wrote:
Sure, go looking for the kid who did it, but not to make him pay for the damages (A $5 piece of window glass and about 20 minutes of re-glazing to fix isn't really worth it)

Rather, suggest that the parent have their child come to your place for some gun safety and shooting lessons!

+1

I bet the little sniper's mom and dad offer to pay for the glass, anyway.
+a bunch! I agree with both of these. And if the little bugger's parents don't offer to pay or better yet, have Jr pay out of his allowance to teach him a lesson about personal responsibility, then you know what kind of parents you are dealing with.

DrewGunner

imported post

Ohh, to be young again,with a bb gun...

color of law wrote:
I think you should round up all the usual suspects, Kids 6 to 16 years old.

Now that waterboarding is not considered torture I would start with the oldest kid. This should get some results. :shock:
Dam, you beat me to it.

I think the only way to handle this is to Fight Fire with Fire.

134sidepic.jpg

GEM-134 BB Minigun, 1200 Rd Gravity Feed w/magnetic assist

Cut a hole in the top of the wife mini van, mount this sucker, and let the man hunt begin.

Seriously tho, what Tess said.

Superlite27

imported post

No problem cloudcroft. I'll try to not get so CSI. Sometimes I think too hard.

Hey, we gun owners should all be on the same side.

(What exactly is a surf fish, and how do you catch one?) What kind of pole are you gonna loan me?

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

True, but most gun owners have political. religiousand social positons I strongly disagree with so being a "pro-gun person" is not enough for me to be on the same side...i.e., it's more than just one issue (one's position on guns and the RKBA) for me...it's the whole "platform" if you will...

Surf fishing is an activity rather than a sea critter...it's standing on the shore or, a bit out into the waves with a pretty long fishing pole (10-15'+) and casting out as far as you can to catch whatever the "fish du jour" is. I don't wade out in the waterTOO far because of the truism, "Anything over the knees and you're part of the food chain."

I use a 13' fiberglass surf-rod and heavy-duty spinning reel myself, but anything over 9' is okay (my previous rod I can loan out),except that theshorter rods don't cast as far. Pier fishing doesn'trequire a long rod and boat fishing rods are the shortest. Don't have a boat and pier fishing cost $$ and often is too crowded so I prefer some secluded beach for surf fishing.

To keep this gun-related, I carry my .177 Red Ryder to fend off sand sharks and ghost crabs...plus the thieving seagulls which try to steal your bait when your back is turned. I have to watch out for PETA members though. ;-)

-- John D.