• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Waffle House known to be frequented by police

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Just got around to posting this. I had some friends over two nights ago to watch movies/hang out. I was OCing at home with a tucked in shirt, and someone suggested we go to Waffle House for something to eat. I threw on a jacket over my pistol and we went to waffle house. I took off the jacket when we got there (it was warm and we crammed 6 people into one of those booth tables). I had no issues whatsoever. I know the employees saw the gun when I got up, but no one said anything. I was a little worried that we were going to get thrown out because my friend Amber is INSANE and enjoys life WAY TOO MUCH...hehe. But no problems.

loudone

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
On a related note, does the Waffle House have a corporate stance on customers' carrying firearms that we know of?

I'm sure if they did they would post it above the grill with all the other "rules". j/k

Double_J

imported post

The rules for firearms are not posted above the grill, at least not in MS or LA. They are on a sign that also lists that the parking lot is for customers only, and all alcoholic beverages and "weapons"inluding firearms are banned. Thankfully MS requires a very specific sign and this is not it. I have not seen it on all stores either, it is on all of the new stores, but on only a few of the old stores. There was a post on Packing.org way back that showed that Waffle house was a "family reasturant" and did not want to endanger the patrons, this was the reason given for the no guns signs. Personally I have not seen the employees give a care about firearms at all. The only thing they want is tips and to get off work.

Double J

TrueBrit

imported post

Double_J wrote:
The rules for firearms are not posted above the grill, at least not in MS or LA. They are on a sign that also lists that the parking lot is for customers only, and all alcoholic beverages and "weapons"inluding firearms are banned. Thankfully MS requires a very specific sign and this is not it. I have not seen it on all stores either, it is on all of the new stores, but on only a few of the old stores. There was a post on Packing.org way back that showed that Waffle house was a "family reasturant" and did not want to endanger the patrons, this was the reason given for the no guns signs. Personally I have not seen the employees give a care about firearms at all. The only thing they want is tips and to get off work.

Double J

Much the same here in Richmond, KY, in fact, Double J.Nonedescript sign ,usual stuff, which I overlook,no issues to date, no one worries, staff are cool,good egg on toast, no issues.I would, of course, leave if asked to do so,but it has not happened!

Pretty typical for dear old Kentucky really. Just about everyone understands about guns hereabouts. The way it should be , perhaps?

TrueBrit.

loudone

imported post

kurtmax_0 wrote:
I've never been to a waffle house. What 'rules' above the grill?

Are you sure you live in Alabama. I'm just kidding.

They have all of the common sense rules posted in little framed signs around the grill. Things like we serve customers on a firstcome basis. No fighting, blah blah blah.

To me there suchbasic common sense things you wouldn't think they needed to be posted.

kurtmax_0

imported post

Well. I lied. I've been to a waffle house. A few semesters ago my calculus professor was grading finals there and I stopped by to get my grade (otherwise it would have taken all weekend for me to see it entered into the system). But, as you might guess, I was more concerned with my grade than looking at waffle rules :p

I hear about people going there all the time. It just looks like a.... scary ... place. It's probably really good. I like waffles too. Maybe I ought to go sometime :p

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

kurtmax_0 wrote:
Well. I lied. I've been to a waffle house. A few semesters ago my calculus professor was grading finals there and I stopped by to get my grade (otherwise it would have taken all weekend for me to see it entered into the system). But, as you might guess, I was more concerned with my grade than looking at waffle rules :p

I hear about people going there all the time. It just looks like a.... scary ... place. It's probably really good. I like waffles too. Maybe I ought to go sometime :p
It's AWFUL! But that's half the fun. It's the quintessential rundown, grease-trap, smelly, crackhead frequented establishment. For some reason though, the combination of grease, salt, coffee (along with the occassional case of beer drank BEFORE going there) makes everything delicious at 2am.

imperialism2024

imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
kurtmax_0 wrote:

It's AWFUL! But that's half the fun. It's the quintessential rundown, grease-trap, smelly, crackhead frequented establishment. For some reason though, the combination of grease, salt, coffee (along with the occassional case of beer drank BEFORE going there) makes everything delicious at 2am.
Oh, it's not that bad. I go to the local Waffle House (incidently, I think it's one of the Northern-most Waffle House that exists) about three days a week for breakfast before I start work at 6AM. Yum. :cool:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Been eating breakfast at a Richmond, Va. Vassel Haus for years and I always OC there. No sign, no comments other than positive ones and no problems. Have made any number of converts there too.
Yata hey