Thread: Blackhawk Shoulder Harness

State Researcher

Post imported post

So, I picked up the shoulder harness for the SERPA CQC platform in anticipation of my conceal permit arriving -- in wearing it, I noticed that the weapon tends to not ride securely and is actually difficult to draw as, being somewhat of a reuban-esque fellow, while I'm sitting, it's angled more down, even though I have the cant pushing it up and it's more towards my back than my chest,

I'm really hoping it's an adjustment thing, so I'm wondering if anyone uses Blackhawk's shoulder rig successfully and, if so, if you can offer some advice on properly adjusting it.

Post imported post

in the search field type "unrequited serpa" and it's the fifth search result

State Researcher

Post imported post

I appreciate the link... that's just general information (unless I missed something), looking for suggestions on adjusting it to get it to get a bit better of a fit.

As far as I can tell, I've tightened the straps as well as I can... even to the point of pulling the belt straps further to the front to provide a bit of traction. Just seems a bit off.

Post imported post

I'm loving mine as Kodiak pointed out.

As for the strap adjusting, work on the bottom straps first, getting them snug so they hug tight, and then once they're set, work on the front (over shoulder) straps. They don't make a "small" so i had to pull the top straps past the velcro but thankfully they hold just fine by the elastic rings.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=41SH&C=C1383

Here's some pics of how it "should" fit, but on me the gun/mags are a bit higher. I think the most importnat thing is to get the tension of the belt-loop hooks just right so it doesn't strain your back from wearing it all day, but at the same time pulls each side down snugly so they son't swing around.
    -Unrequited