• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blackhawk Shoulder Harness

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

So, I picked up the shoulder harness for the SERPA CQC platform in anticipation of my conceal permit arriving -- in wearing it, I noticed that the weapon tends to not ride securely and is actually difficult to draw as, being somewhat of a reuban-esque fellow, while I'm sitting, it's angled more down, even though I have the cant pushing it up and it's more towards my back than my chest,

I'm really hoping it's an adjustment thing, so I'm wondering if anyone uses Blackhawk's shoulder rig successfully and, if so, if you can offer some advice on properly adjusting it.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

I appreciate the link... that's just general information (unless I missed something), looking for suggestions on adjusting it to get it to get a bit better of a fit.

As far as I can tell, I've tightened the straps as well as I can... even to the point of pulling the belt straps further to the front to provide a bit of traction. Just seems a bit off.

unrequited

imported post

I'm loving mine as Kodiak pointed out.

As for the strap adjusting, work on the bottom straps first, getting them snug so they hug tight, and then once they're set, work on the front (over shoulder) straps. They don't make a "small" so i had to pull the top straps past the velcro but thankfully they hold just fine by the elastic rings.