• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

January Tidewater OC Dinner.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Anyone up for breakfast this Saturday at the Crown Plaza Hotel on Bonney RD in VA Beach? It starts at 8AM cash only and it's buffet style. There's a guest speaker with a Q and A after.

Bubba Ron

imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
Anyone up for breakfast this Saturday at the Crown Plaza Hotel on Bonney RD in VA Beach? It starts at 8AM cash only and it's buffet style. There's a guest speaker with a Q and A after.
Isn't this the TidewaterGOP meeting? I know a certain VirginianPilot reporter that would attend if it were going to be an OCDO event too....

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

The GOP is broke down city by city. It's actually just a breakfast. The meetings are held the second Monday of the month. An OCDO event would be great.

saunderscc

imported post

I have never been to a dinner because I work at night so I am really excited about this breakfast. Couple of questions...a friend I work with wants to know if he can bring his daughter(s). I think it would only be his five year old. Would that be a problem? I think this is also the first time I have posted on the forum. I joined the VCDL at a gun show in Norfolk a few months ago. Once again I am excited about this breakfast and can't wait to meet some other members of this forum.

Bubba Ron

imported post

saunderscc wrote:
I have never been to a dinner because I work at night so I am really excited about this breakfast. Couple of questions...a friend I work with wants to know if he can bring his daughter(s). I think it would only be his five year old. Would that be a problem? I think this is also the first time I have posted on the forum. I joined the VCDL at a gun show in Norfolk a few months ago. Once again I am excited about this breakfast and can't wait to meet some other members of this forum.
Welcome saunderscc - this "dinner" will be a first for us too, as it is really a breakfast :). We have had many children join us at our regular dining outs - thathas never beena problem, and we've been doing these since August 2006. We look forward to meeting you and your friends...

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Just to clarify what is actually happens there on Saturday mornings.
Code:
On Saturday mornings VA Beach GOP puts on a buffet style breakfast, that's 
what's taking place on the 5th. It's not an official meeting. It's basically 
fellowship time and some anouncements are made. There's also an elected 
official as a guest speaker with a Q and A period after.The actual meetings 
are held the second Monday of each month. You don't have to be a member to
attend or to ask questions of the guest speaker. 

I won't be able to attend myself due to working all weekend.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Thanks for the info Glenn. We won't be able to make it either, but we think an evening at Primos next week is in order!!

How about Wednesday evening (January 9th) at 7:00pm, Primos (4876 Princess Anne Road, just off Baxter Road, inVirginia Beach) phone 499-0049?

Any takers?? I'd like to give them advanced warning and a head count.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Thanks for the info Glenn. We won't be able to make it either, but we think an evening at Primos next week is in order!!

How about Wednesday evening (January 9th) at 7:00pm, Primos (4876 Princess Anne Road, just off Baxter Road, inVirginia Beach) phone 499-0049?

Any takers?? I'd like to give them advanced warning and a head count.
I may have been a little quick in suggesting the above date, there is another function on the 10th that weshouldattend, if possible. I've sentan email asking if they have any plans for dinner afterwards. More to follow. Here's the info we have so far, I believe the meeting starts at 7:30 pm:

VCDL Board member John Fenter will be addressing the January 10th meeting of the Virginia Beach Rifle and Pistol Club (VBRPC). VBRPC's President, Steve Gordon, graciously provided VCDL with the invitation and facilities. John will be discussing the General Assembly session, including information on the pro-gun and anti-gun bill that have been introduced. He will also discuss the upcoming Lobby Day on January 21st and will answer questions.

This will also be a great chance for members who are coming to Lobby Day from the southeast to coordinate carpools!The meeting is open to VBRPC, VCDL,NCRR,andAirfield Shooting Club members.

The VFW hall is near Military Circle.

VFW Post 4809- 5728 Bartee Street, Norfolk, VA 23502

(757) 481-1343

saunderscc

imported post

So are the plans for the 10th or the 7th? I showed up this morning, not checking the forum before leaving, and couldn't find anyone other than the GOP breakfast.

Bubba Ron

imported post

saunderscc wrote:
So are the plans for the 10th or the 7th? I showed up this morning, not checking the forum before leaving, and couldn't find anyone other than the GOP breakfast.
A lesson well learned - I haven't heard anything about the 7th. And it is up to the group to decide if we attend the dining out on the 9th or the VBRPC on the 10th or both...

C

ccloud43

imported post

Hey Ron, We wont be able to make the one on the 9th, but we do plan on going to the VCDL meeting and dinner after that.

kerchaulk

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
We'll be at both - so we'll see whoever shows up on the 9th at Primos and the 10th at the VFW.
Is the dinner still on for 7pm at Primos? I work evenings, but may be able to get there in time. I live right around the corner, but cannot guarantee it. Do you need an RSVP before hand? I am not much of a conversationalist, but am interested in attending.