• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NOVA OC Dinner

ufcfanvt

imported post

Why don't we just celebrate somewhere in the Manassas area for now. This is a bit easier to coordinate in the time we have. I really like all the ideas we have floating around to show how we feel to the city, the PD and Tony's.
Let's just do the celebration at a friendly place (Foster's maybe) for now. We can discuss what we'll do next at the celebration.

VAopencarry

imported post

What's there to celebrate? LEO's not knowing the law, advocating breaking the law, showing distain for the citizens they are sworn to serve and protect? Then when brought to the attention of the Chief LEO the whole thing is swept under the carpet as much as they possibly could have, considering all the attention the 'incident' received.

Regarding Tony's owner/management, they just got caught up in the whole ordeal.

I am up for a get together but not in Manassas. I do and will continue to avoid spending my money in that city.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Yeah its not a night I want to celebrate, maybe commemorate is a better word. But I appreciate the kind thoughts and I'll see about showing my face.

TEX1N

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
What's there to celebrate? LEO's not knowing the law, advocating breaking the law, showing distain for the citizens they are sworn to serve and protect? Then when brought to the attention of the Chief LEO the whole thing is swept under the carpet as much as they possibly could have, considering all the attention the 'incident' received.

Regarding Tony's owner/management, they just got caught up in the whole ordeal.

I am up for a get together but not in Manassas. I do and will continue to avoid spending my money in that city.
I pretty much agree with you and longwatch (go figure)!

Although, I'll keep spending money at Guns and Ammo in Manassas ;)

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I just don't see letters to Tony with receipts making any positive difference in the long run. He really just got caught up in a BAD situation instigated by the police. It could have happened at any location in Manassas that night.

To make a statement, choose a location in the Manassas area, but outside the city and then send the reciepts together with a letter to each city council member as a reminder of the fact we remember the results of what happened. This will make more of a statement than dragging a local business further into the spiral.

I think that if the 7 are worried about trespassing, they should talk to Tony directly and see what he says, but we should stay out of it. My fear is that if we start harassing Tony over this he may just decide we aren't worth the effort! He is still allowing carry in his place of business as reported by several who have been recently.

Anthony's is just north of Manassas on 28 and serves Greek/Italian/American fare. Maybe we should be there and see what they say (from Tony's to Anthony's) they are also in the county.

AbNo

imported post

coltcarrier wrote:
To make a statement, choose a location in the Manassas area, but outside the city and then send the reciepts together with a letter to each city council member as a reminder of the fact we remember the results of what happened.  This will make more of a statement than dragging a local business further into the spiral.

I think that if the 7 are worried about trespassing, they should talk to Tony directly and see what he says, but we should stay out of it.  My fear is that if we start harassing Tony over this he may just decide we aren't worth the effort!

I stand corrected.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm with coltcarrier on this. Tony's isn't the problem, apparently. They just don't want trouble in their business. That's understandable.

Who brought the trouble? The Manassas police. Therefore, the gripe should be with them and the city. Seems to me the way to protest is to show money being spent outside Manassas, and show the people who have a stake in this - the mayor, the council, and the chief of police.

And I fully understand the sentiments of the "Tonys 7" - what we want to celebrate is our ability to join together as friends and comrades and share some social time. Celebrate gains we have made. Celebrate our resolve to continue efforts. But we certainly don't want to celebrate Jan 13, 2007.

AbNo

imported post

I would still say a remembrance dinner outside Manassas, would be a good thing, particularly if a letter, with attached receipts, was sent to their city council.

But maybe I'm just mean. ;)

VAopencarry

imported post

kaiheitai17 wrote:
We could do Tony's and this time I can be the disgruntled retired Marine....:cuss:. I could eat my mealand then call 911 from the parking lot. We could then see if MCPD has learned anything during the past year.

Just a thought;)
hmmmm, I never knew Tops had a sense of humor.:lol:

Tomahawk

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
kaiheitai17 wrote:
We could do Tony's and this time I can be the disgruntled retired Marine....:cuss:. I could eat my mealand then call 911 from the parking lot. We could then see if MCPD has learned anything during the past year.

Just a thought;)
Albeit a dark one.

vrwmiller

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:

Quoted from an earlier post:

I suggested it as a celebration of those individuals that stood up for our rights as citizens that evening

vrwmiller

imported post

January 13 @ 5:00PM

Foster's Grille
(703) 396-8282
Bristow Shopping Center
10266 Bristow Center Dr.
Bristow, VA 20136

It's a fairly new shopping center at the corner of Nokesville Rd and Linton Hall Rd. One of the anchor stores is a Harris Teeter Grocery Store.

IanB

imported post

Is it me or do these NoVA get togethers keep moving further and further west? :arrow:

mlands

imported post

As one of the Tony's 7,I'llgo to a groupdinnerat Foster's Grill as long astheplace is not run bytimid or anti-gunemployees.Whereas I know I'mwelcomeat Spartan's in Burke where they have no problem at all withopen carrying.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Is it me or do these NoVA get togethers keep moving further and further west? :arrow:
Maybe it's in honor of those of you who move further west? :lol:

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
kaiheitai17 wrote:

Just a thought;)
Well, we usually don't let the snuffies see it, but now that I'm retired I can let my hair down a bit. :celebrate