• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Laws and Issues

ooguyx

imported post

I have been trying to peruse around these threads trying to find all of the relevant information that I need to know, when stopped by police, regarding my rights and laws. Is there a one stop spot for all that information for ease of memorization? Any help is appreciated.

rob

G27

imported post

I have found that you really need to know only a few of the RCW's to get by pretty much unscathed. The ones I know by heart are: State Preemption 9.41.290and Weapons apparently capable of producing bodily harm - Unlawful carrying or handling - Penalty -- Exceptions 9.41.270. It's also good to know what 9.41.300 entails to just so know where you cannot carry legally. A majority of RCW applies to dealers and sellers of firearms. Those two RCW's are the ones I know by heart and can get me out of any situation that arises from openly carrying a firearm.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Washington State stuff

Google "RCW 9.41" firearms lawsand "Title 18 U.S.C. Section 242" infringing on your rights and "RCW 77.15.460" vehicle carry

Also check "RCW 9A.84.030" disorderly conduct and "RCW 9A.84.040" false reporting

Should help

joeroket

imported post

irfner wrote:
Washington State stuff

Google "RCW 9.41" firearms lawsand "Title 18 U.S.C. Section 242" infringing on your rights and "RCW 77.15.460" vehicle carry

Also check "RCW 9A.84.030" disorderly conduct and "RCW 9A.84.040" false reporting

Should help
Keep in mind that RCW 77.15.460 is a Fish and Wildlife code that deals with rifles and shotguns.

just_a_car

imported post

irfner wrote:
Washington State stuff

Should help

Printed off Title 18 Sec. 242, 84.030, and 84.040 to add to my documents that I carry while carrying. The others being the two cheat sheets of CC/Fed laws and OC/training bulletins plus Article 1 Sec. 24 of the WA Constitution (RKBA).

Thanks.

John Hardin

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
irfner wrote:
Printed off Title 18 Sec. 242, 84.030, and 84.040 to add to my documents that I carry while carrying. The others being the two cheat sheets of CC/Fed laws and OC/training bulletins plus Article 1 Sec. 24 of the WA Constitution (RKBA).
18 USC 242 should already be in the latest version of the laws pamphlet. I'll take a look at 84.030 and 84.040 and see if I can squeeze them in.