• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Something we should all read...

PT111

imported post

I am not sure what it is but the vast majority on this forum or at least majority of those who post regulary seem to use a completely different standard if a gun in involved. In one post a man passed out in his front yard it was reported to the police. When the LEOwent to check on him he wasn't there so the LEO followed tracks in the snow.In another case deputies checked on a 911 call but failed to break through a locked gate. In both cases people complained about the actions of the police. One comment was what business does a LEO have on private property. The other case was people complaining that they should have followed up on the call and shoulld be fired for negelcting their job.

I won't go into the details of either because all of you know the cases. It just seems that when most slap on a gun they no longer have any respect for anyone, especially LEO, private property ownersand the spirit ofthe law. They claim that carrying a gun is a God given right but I can't find anywhere in the Bible or other religous books where God said anything about guns. Most are ready to shoot and kill anyone that looks like they are robbing someone but let a LEO taser that same person and they are ready to fire him and sue for a civil rights violation.

Rant off.

Bear 45/70

imported post

PT111 wrote:
I am not sure what it is but the vast majority on this forum or at least majority of those who post regulary seem to use a completely different standard if a gun in involved. In one post a man passed out in his front yard it was reported to the police. When the LEOwent to check on him he wasn't there so the LEO followed tracks in the snow.In another case deputies checked on a 911 call but failed to break through a locked gate. In both cases people complained about the actions of the police. One comment was what business does a LEO have on private property. The other case was people complaining that they should have followed up on the call and shoulld be fired for negelcting their job.

I won't go into the details of either because all of you know the cases. It just seems that when most slap on a gun they no longer have any respect for anyone, especially LEO, private property ownersand the spirit ofthe law. They claim that carrying a gun is a God given right but I can't find anywhere in the Bible or other religous books where God said anything about guns. Most are ready to shoot and kill anyone that looks like they are robbing someone but let a LEO taser that same person and they are ready to fire him and sue for a civil rights violation.

Rant off.
You need glasses and start using logic if you really think people here think like that. It's pretty much that if a gun is involved LEOs go into hyper drive and tend to over react even if the citizen is doing nothing wrong.