Thread: Right to carry in State Constitution

Post imported post

Someone on a post in Texas stated the Washington (State) has the right to carry in it's constitution. Are there any other states that hav this written in?

State Researcher

Post imported post

vermonter wrote:
    Someone on a post in Texas stated the Washington (State) has the right to carry in it's constitution. Are there any other states that hav this written in?
    Delaware, Article 1, Section 20:

A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use.

Pennsylvania, Article 1, Section 21:

The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Forty some state constitutions have language guaranteeing the right to keep and bear arms.

The list of ones that don't is much shorter.

See the OC map.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.